Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam_Chan

Now that BreachLAN 2 is only about a month away, it's time to start organising things.

This thread is for you guys to express what you think would improve the LAN so we can take it into account.

things like the big games, tournaments and teh console corner.

More CS/ CS:S is not a valid answer :p

I also ask you to bear in mind that there is a time limit on the amount of things we can do, so keep the suggestions within reason please

ty

Sam_Chan :wink:

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
well tbh, it wont be much harder to play more cs, as it wasnt played much on a whole, well i dont think i acutally played it at all at #1, i was kinda put off cos of the cs clan and getting my ass whopped, got it whopped bad enough in the quake tourney!!! :?

Sam_Chan

We were meant to be having a CS tournament if i recall correctly and it didn't happen, but there were some people playing CS on their own.

Now, how about something costructive?

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Even if we can get a list of big games, that you guys would like to play. I've got some idea, but it's up to you guys!

I have a few suggestions as tourneys dont have to all include big games:

Dawn of War
Rome Total War
General / ZeroHour
Robot Arena 2

Amadeus

get a big game of Civ4 going.

and the usual:

BF2/bf1942/desert combat
CoD/cod
cs/cs:s
ut2k4 instagib

and for the old school mohaa *nudges" [R]itchie lol

oh and popular was trackmainia nations could have a few maps of that

my 2p worth

Apart from this comment in IRC earlier tonight:

2(1206:2702) 02<0201Amadeus02> 01anyone esle think the forums are too quiet?
02(1206:2902) 02<02+01ZeroG02> 01about same as scotlan one were
02(1206:3102) 02<0201Amadeus02> 01nah scotlan ones used to be busier
02(1206:3102) 02<0201Amadeus02> 01and more banter
02(1206:3102) 02<02@01PseudoPhreak02> 01what do u suggest?
02(1206:3202) 02<0201Hanwee02> 01banning Amadeus ;)
02(1206:3202) 02<02@01PK|Deep-Blue02> 01ya'll can m ake a difference :p
02(1206:3202) 02<0201Amadeus02> 01maybe a general banter topic with random news posts a joke section etc
02(1206:3302) 02<02+01ZeroG02> 01nah Dyce just used to spam so it made it look as tho it was busier :

Sam_Chan

well guys the only thing that can make the forums busier is you.

(or dex under about 6 diff names :p)

The only problem i have with Amadeus's idea is that Civ 4 could be a bit too time comsuming.

On a more personal note, my pc won't run bf2 without lagging into unplayablilty and cs/cs:s is evil "hiss" :p

Neotokyo was fun, and did i mention HAMSTERBASH!!!! :mrgreen:

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
i will track down a load of mods for ut2004, give even more variety, will try and gets one that is easy to install for everyone.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Should definatly have a Robot Arena 2 Build off though, 15 mins to build and test your own robot destroyer!

Pinje

I kinda thought the hole ordering pizza looked a nightmare. No one was agreeing on what to do and then you finaly got a pizza after 2 hours of complaining about food. Pizza this time or something different like chinease?

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
It is pretty hard to organise pizza for 20+ people, and i didnt think we were waiting that long!

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
the pizza ordering was a nightmare cos some people were pissing about, we were ordering it altogether to save money, but next time if you want, you can order whatever you want to, you dont have to wait for the rest of us

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
And i'm sure if you dont wanna wait, you can blag a lift off of someone, time permitting on friday, I like to go out for my Ritual kebab with Amadeus and have room in me car for others!

C

CheesePlant

Hi, you guys don't know me but please talk to Dex ASAP about the leaflets, its getting closer and they have to be printed and if your planning on sending/handing them out you'll not have much time.

Pinje

That chinease was decent. Top quality chicken curry cant beat it with some rice but kebab is good competition. As i say anyway if your driving out to get kebabs give me a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom