my new system!

Olap

well here's my system purpose built for the lan (I reall hope I get the time off now). raid5 for the satas. Plan is to add water cooling hence the high speed memory.

waste of money or worth the pennies then? got to be better than my laptop for gaming

clay

hope you realise the lan curse will probs hit you first as ure least expecting it with the whole new system n all..... you know when pc's are taken to lan and randomly dont work!

lol looks sweet.

Olap

aye, plan is to get it nice and debugged before the lan, but sods law states my raid array will crash and I'll have to reinstall windows

Cerro

Raid 5 is good, however if you're going water cooling make sure the case has plenty of air flow or those disks will die (big case will let you spread the disks out, don't bunch them). personally i'd get a raptor for my system disk and raid 5 the rest. Also those Ram timings look a tad high for standard ddr...

Greeny

Nice system, you probably need a proper controller card to do RAID-5 properly, something around the ?200+ mark if you want to do it right. Cerro suggestion is good and is how my server system is composed, I boot off a raptor and have 4 disks in RAID-5 on a Broadcom BC4452 RAID controller for storage space... RAID-5 performs very well on a capable controller, but it has higher latency than a single raptor thusly the raptor is probably quicker at loading applications and things, whereas the array serves out files nice and fast.

Top Bottom