My thoughts on the LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_prism

Yeah net access for steam and patches would be nice, as i cant afford to keep using my phone as a modem! But i shall if we dont get net access and poeple need to fix steam :)

Pinje

Fancy trying out some new games at the next lan as a hole. Games that dont require an amazing pc but at least a minimum spec pc. Woudnt mind trying something different apart from the regular "Savage" or "Air bucaneers" or at least maybe one hour of it then move onto something else. Some use of the whiteboard like the previous lan, ips, timetable for games etc.

As for the steam issue it was kind of sorted, it wasnt a steam issue anyway. It was more a hl2 problem people could get steam working in offline mode and then would get a hl2.exe problem when joining the css server. Strange..

ZeroG

There was a big tesco run (4 cars went off at once) and this was loudly announced!

Wasn't loud enough, I didn't hear :) 4 cars isn't much though - only 16 ppl comfortably without being shoe horned in :)

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
we should have some new games to try
Command and Conquer 3
Bioshock
Quake Wars
a tiny chance of unreal 3

but yeah there was a big asda run, and i think it was 5 cars on the friday night

ZeroG

Command & Conquer 3 didn't really impress me much going by the demo. Hopefully the full game will be better. Unreal 3 looks to be a good game and I think will become a classic like it's predecessors.

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
well since tesco is temporary closed between 10pm and 6am there werent really available, i think there was a big asda run so there was only one trip, since its so far away

MadmaN

Ahwell im going to make sure I can get a lift next time as I ran out of coke on sat night and needed a lift.

I did create up a chan on irc which some people joined and asked about lifts so maybe that was a good idea.

Olap

irc is most definetely neccessary, ops in #pizza ftw. My complaint is about a lack of taking the scenic route back from asda (you know who you are) and a lack of proball, but then again it is getting a bit long in the tooth. And I agree with mop about the net connection, it's a lan party, no real need for internet access, surely you can go a weekend with msn? I would say for next time get some big games decided friday night and set a time for them saturday and make sure times and things are set so everyone can play

big games to include, bf2, et, possibility of savage 2 even, double dom, air bucanneers and for when everyone moans it's bed time some risk2!

Sakey

Nicely put Olap.

We did try that. We decided on the times for the tournament and the insta game on the Friday night and I yelled out to everyone to make sure they had UT installed and that we were gonna try and run it at 11

Two things got in the way.

1) I was ignored (nothing new there)

2) Not everyone was up at 11

So again it is down to you guys. If you want the big games listen the **** up and help us out.

:D

Gwaryn

really enjoyed it guys, was a larf.. and i personally hate BF2 but enjoyed the wee games we had, even tho i thought they coulda been bigger.
i will try my damndest tog et to the next lan (if my better half will let me ?.?)

cheers again guys.

Dyce

BF2 is always good fun - you dont generally have to be any good at it, but just the novelty value of dicking around in a tank shooting the poor plebs with assault rifles is quality. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom