Old PC parts available for BL5

Cerro

Now that I have finally ordered a new PC (mainly cause the old one has well and truly died) the parts that are left are up for grabs. I'm 99.9% certain the motherboard is fried, northbridge wouldn't take the heat. Here's what's going:

CPU+Mobo+Case+Floppy - One beaten up case, dead mobo and aging CPU - Abit IS7 and P4 2.8Ghz. I'm too lazy to pull it apart, so if you want it I can give it away at BL5 or you can raffle it as a booby prize! lol. The CPU cooler is a Vapochill Super-Mirco, pretty decent one and its pretty new too.

2x Maxtor SATA 120Gb HDDs - I've had them in Raid0 for their entire life. They are as old as the PC itself (3 years). ?20 for both

300Gb SATA Maxtor 7,200rpm 16mb - fairly new and I'd use it in my new system but nowhere seems to sell 300Gb Maxtors no more. 320Gb seems to be the standard so no use for my Raid 5 plans. ?30

Sapphire Radeon X1600Pro 512Mb AGP - also fairly new (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=318040) ?40

2x Corsair DDR XMS Pro 3200 512Mb CL2 - One is new with the LED the other is old and just has a silver heatspreader but otherwise same model. (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=120855) ?40 for both.

Creative SB Audigy 5.1 - 3yr old now but supports EAX. ?5

Saitek Gaming Mouse 1600DPI - new but the coating is flaking off it ?5

Icemat 2nd Edition Black Only selling because it doesn't work with laser mice and im going to a G5. Still enough teflon to cover another mouse - Saitek mouse already has some on it. Excellent condition. Best mousemat ever! ?10

PCI SATA Raid Controller (software based 1/0/1+0) 4xSATA ports ?5

I'll pop in past at BL5 to sell the wanted bits on to whoever. Probably won't be attending the event though - sadly. You can test any of it over the weekend and if it doesn't work or you're not happy with it i'll give you your money back! First come, first served :)

ZeroG

300Gb SATA Maxtor 7,200rpm 16mb

Don't suppose you know if that can be made into an external drive ? My new mobo has a sata connection on the back for external sata drives. Would come in quite handy as storage.

Bloodnok

I would like the 300Gb SATA Maxtor 7,200rpm 16mb, £30 ok? Unless ZeroG want bid battle

Edit: wouldn't mind the soundcard aswell but only use it as a back up etc... and whats the socket of the cpu btw?

Cerro

CPU is Socket 478 - its a Prescott core sadly. Does take alot of abuse though, dunno how long it will last, since it has taken alot of abuse from me not caring about how hot it was (but then again, its free so you can't complain).

Yes Prism, thats fine with me - they're not actually in raid, since you'd have to take the mobo or the controller but im sure you can make your own array. I had issues with the intel driver for raid0 occsionally one of the drives refused to spin to the correct speed and so no boot but a reset fixes that (only an issue if you use an intel sata raid controller as far as I am aware)

and yes dave unless zeroG wants to bid you for it, or fight you for it (I won't accept blood and/or semen for it). But I know why ZeroG wants it as an external disk - its so he can store all his pr0n on it and then deny he has any by conviently not having it on his ftp.

Cerro

I should also mention the possibility of my IDE drives becoming available, if the sata liteOns come out in time.

Sony Combo Drive (beige) ?5
MSI DVD-R/RW +/- x16 Dual layer x8 (swappable facias white/silver/black) ?10 - fairly new, silver facia currently attached.

Cerro

haha you're trying to get your money's worth prism... but not yet, until i see what difference sata drives do. I'm thinking starforce won't effect them since starforce is only coded for IDE (wonder how many other copy protections missed this or if they just won't let anything work with them?)

?20 for the HDDs... wait and see for the optical drives.

Cerro

I've just realised when I installed the DVD writer in my new PC... that i've got two of them.

The MSI is actually just a plain DVD writer, x8 with 3 facias. Still have the box for that too.
The other is a NEC Dual layer DVD writer x8/16 which is silver. OEM
Sony combo drive is also OEM.

Cerro

I will come in later on saturday to deliver the parts - have your wallets ready!

Dual Layer DVD drive is unavailable im afraid, scan have yet to send me my sata drives. Standard MSI dvd writer will be available though!

Top Bottom