PC available (bits)

Cerro

After running memtest and discovering i have ram that is only worth its weight in dog biscuits ive decided to get a new PC...

The rest of it however is worthy of sale but useless to me. Case is too beaten up to be of value (one too many lans) and the mobo is quiet old but the cpu is still good. I'm willing to listen to sensible offers:

Mobo and Cpu (together) - Abit IS7 & Intel P4 2.8Ghz 800Mhz FSB
HDDs - 2xMaxtor 120Gb drives
Soundcard - Audigy 2
GFX card (new) - Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro 512Mb
Drives - NEC x16 dual layer (all formats) & Sony DVD/CD-RW combo drive
S-ATA Raid Controller (software RAID only 1/0) 350W PSU, Case and Floppy drive 3xLCD fans + 1 standard fan (all 80mm).

If anyone wants the lot i'll sell it on for less as its easier for me to just sell the whole thing than have to break it down and package it up. I won't sell it for another month or so, until i can get the bits for a new pc... but thats the system, minus the ram. If i came back from holiday and no one wants it (early july), i'll start breaking it up.

I

imported_prism

I think the hall is evil.... It killed my ram to....

Cerro

I reckon i'd be willing to let the whole thing go for ?275 plus postage or you can collect if you want! (someone else asked how much for the lot - and its easier to sell in one go)

Sold individually i'd say:

HDDs - ?30
Mobo & Cpu - ?130
Gfx (AGP) - ?80
Raid Controller - ?15
Drives - ?30 for both (20 for dvd and 10 for combo)
Sound - ?15

total = ?300 (+p&p)

The card is AGP as the board only supports AGP. Runs games like FEAR no bother. The card is only 1 month old and cost me ?115

The HDDs are good, although one is newer than the other and for some reason when booting in raid config (current 1) one is slow to boot but i reckon its the raid controller on the board as it used to be alot worse until i updated its drivers and flashed the bios.

I reckon a combination of the bumps and the heat at lans is what killed the ram, it was hitting 70 degrees when the doors were closed. P4s like mine tend to idle around 40-50 but my cases poor airflow means it raises pretty quick!

Top Bottom