Portal update adds unknown Achievement

Bloodnok

In case you didn't understand this update:

Updates to Portal have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

Portal
-Changed radio transmission frequency to comply with federal and state spectrum management regulations

The radios in game now have a red LED on them and turn green if a hidden signal is located

testchmb_a_000004.jpg

1st one is over the huge red button in test chamber 00 (above). Now its ur turn to find the other 25...

Amesy

HMMMM.
I wish they would focus of getting the final installment of Half-life out. I'm dying for it over here.

ZeroG

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Rumours say they might not even release it and just make it HL3

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Would you guys like member showing up with Macs, since Valve is moving everything onto it now?

If the mac's can run the games (I know it's all PC based hardware these days) then why not? We're here to play games doesn't really matter what format they are in :D

Sweeper128

If the mac's can run the games (I know it's all PC based hardware these days) then why not? We're here to play games doesn't really matter what format they are in :D

No problems when setting up LANs? Why do I think the two may not play nice. Sure the Dedicated Servers would run well, its connecting them to each other...

Maybe I'm being idiotic..

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
No problems when setting up LANs? Why do I think the two may not play nice. Sure the Dedicated Servers would run well, its connecting them to each other...

Maybe I'm being idiotic..

Nah, solong as there is a functioning DHCP server on the network (which there is anyway), and they are set to get an IP automatically, they will all get assigned their own IP addresses like any other machine, since the IP address system is a standard system. From there it's just a case of connecting to the server in-game, which would be just like it is on pc

Or at least I think it's like that.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Nah, solong as there is a functioning DHCP server on the network (which there is anyway), and they are set to get an IP automatically, they will all get assigned their own IP addresses like any other machine, since the IP address system is a standard system. From there it's just a case of connecting to the server in-game, which would be just like it is on pc

Or at least I think it's like that.

Precisely :)

Since we all use TCP/IP nowadays, which is effectively a set of rules telling devices how to communicate with each other. I'm typing this on a windows machine running a chromium browser, which has loaded this message board, which is running on a server running linux which you could then possibly be replying to, using a mac :)

I understand that it might get confusing when console gamers cant play with PC gamers but that's cause the code of the game is different :)

The Mac these days is essentially a highly dumbed down version of Linux running on bog standard PC hardware ;) If the valve games like TF2 are compiled to run on OSX then there is no reason why they couldn't participate in the PC market.

Top Bottom