RED V BLUE - RULES

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen.

With the return of Red Vs Blue for BreachLAN 36, here are the rules for the competition.

Next Saturday (Weekend before BreachLAN) we will post up a list of the RvB teams. The teams are not picked randomly but will instead be picked with the objective of creating the most balanced teams possible.

Durring the LAN we will be running a large number of big organised games. Some are big team games where the entire team will be taking part. Some smaller games where you will be representing your team. The initial game list is as follows.

1) Team Fortress 2
2) Unreal Tournament 2k4
3) Chivalry: Medievil Warfare
4) Killing Floor II
5) Trackmania
6) CS: Global Offensive
7) Flatout 2

The game list is not limited to this. If at any time you want to play a game to score points for your team just let us know and we'll set it up.

The scoring for the games will go as follows.

Team Fortress 2
  • Minimum of three maps.
  • Ten points for your team taking a round.
  • One point for every team member that participates.

Unreal Tournament 2k4
  • Minimum of three maps.
  • Ten points for your team taking a round.
Counter Strike : Global Offensive / Call of Duty 4 (S&D)
  • Minimum of three maps.
  • Two points for your team taking a round.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Minimum of three maps.
  • Two points for your team taking a round. (TDM)

Killing Floor II
  • Two games will run side by side. Same difficulty, map etc.
  • Fifteen points for the team that does best. Best being defined as most frags.
  • In the event of a tie with both teams finishing, both teams will score and if possible, a rematch will be arranged with a higher difficulty.

Trackmania
  • Last place gets one point for their team.
  • Second last place gets two points.
  • Third last place gets three points.
  • etc right up to first place.

Any other games.
  • If you want to play any other game for Red vs Blue points then just let your team captain know and they will sort out with staff and the other team. The scoring will be set and agreed before the game starts.

Outside of Video Games
  • Two points for your team if you wear a team coloured shirt / tie / t-shirt / polo shirt on Saturday night.
  • Extra points may be awarded for good sportsmanship. (Helping the other team if someone has technical problems, needs to learn the rules of the game, gifting spare copies of games to let more people participate, etc).
  • Extra points may be awarded for clever or hilarious shitposting.
  • Extra points may also be awarded for helping run games. This is a BIG competition running for the duration of the event across a huge number of games. It will require hosts of games to help us by taking on some responsibility to help it run smoothly. You can earn bonus points by helping us out with this.
  • Points may be forfeited from your team for making others lives difficult. (Forcing games to start before other team is ready, bad manners, excessive trash talk, generally being a twat etc)
Staff decisions are final.

Any questions - Please ask. :)

DictaTyr

Seeing as there are a lot of shooting related games in the list, I'd like to run 2 non shooter tournaments for those of us that are lacking in MintR's aimbot skills :p

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm (Both are free too!)

Can write up rules for them or send them through a PM, if I get that sorted would you be happy to run them? :3

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Seeing as there are a lot of shooting related games in the list, I'd like to run 2 non shooter tournaments for those of us that are lacking in MintR's aimbot skills :p

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm (Both are free too!)

Can write up rules for them or send them through a PM, if I get that sorted would you be happy to run them? :3
I like this idea a lot.

The reason most of the shooty games are in the list, is that they are the big games that run on the big servers that everyone joins in. I'd absolutely love for some variety. Heroes of the Swarm was hugely popular last time so is a great choice for RvB.

As someone who doesn't play the game though I'm gonna need some guidance on making the scores for it. Send your proposed in PM to me and I'l get it added.

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Would people be interested in a 3v3 Awesomenauts tourney? I would be able to set it up with spectator mode if enough people are interested. (Probably minimum 2 teams per colour).

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Just a quick reminder that a lot of the games listed above are on sale, on steam until the 12th of Feb! UT is £2.24, Flatout 2 is cheaper than the poundshop and Chivalry a mere £3.79. Get buying guys! :)

Top Bottom