Rock Band @ Breach24

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
rock-band(3).gif
That's right, once again our Saturday night entertainment shall be provided by the wonder and the glory that is the BreachLAN Battle of the ROCK BAND.
The Rock Band competitions in the past have proven to be extremely successful and highly entertaining. With this in mind, we have decided to bring Rock Band back for another round at BreachLAN 24.
The competition will kick off at approximately 9pm on the Saturday evening, after pizza has been consumed.
The rules for this competition are very simple.
1) Each band must have a drummer, vocalist and at least one guitar player. Bands are encouraged to have a full roster of four people.
2) Each band must perform a minimum of two, and a maximum of three songs.
3) In true battle of the bands style, the winners will be judged based on the noise of the crowds cheering. Not by the scores of the game.
4) You are encouraged to put on a show. Costumes, themes and choice of song are all important but the winning band will be the one that rocks the hardest and put's on the best show.
5) It is expected that you pick your difficulties of instruments honestly.
6) The stage will open up about an hour before the competition begins to allow everyone to practice. You are allowed one practice song. This will be done with the volume low, lights dimmed and microphone off. For safety reasons, guests are not permitted on the stage at any other time without express permission from BreachLAN Staff.
7) Each song may only be played ONCE and by ONE BAND. Songs are given out strictly on a first come first served basis.
8) You ARE ALLOWED to bring in your own games to pick tracks from. So if you want to do a tribute act based on a rock band / guitar hero game you are quite welcome to do so. However, please consider rule nine closely.
9) To keep each bands performance moving smoothly, EACH BAND'S TRACKS MUST BE PICKED FROM THE SAME GAME Nothing breaks flow and spoils a show more than a five minute break between each track while the game discs are changed over while the band stands awkwardly waiting.
You are allowed to start putting together your bands now if you like. Signups will close just moments before the first band starts to perform. But one thing to consider is that in order to prevent the show being dull and the same songs being repeated loads of times by many different bands, each song will only be allowed to played once. And it's first come first served as to who get's what songs.

Gbot_ADR

GiggleBot
Was just wondering if there was a copy of track list available? I think I had a look last time but I can't remember which version of Rockband it is.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Thanks for the questions.

GBOT I'l speak to Nic and try to get a tracklist.

Bloodnok, thank you for the offer, I'd like to take you up on it.

Niko

I don't have a complete list, but here's the disks I have - track lists for each are easy to find on Wikipedia.
  • Rock Band
  • Rock Band 2 OR Rock Band 3*
  • Lego Rock Band
  • Rock Band Track Pack, Vol. 2
There's also a bunch of DLC, about 100 songs, but I don't have a list of those unfortunately.

*I have both Rock Band 2 and 3, but I cannot import the songs to the console, so you can only use one disk or the other. You will be able to play almost any song from the above list, as well as the songs from either Rock Band 2 or Rock Band 3.

Gbot_ADR

GiggleBot
Right, thanks very much. I'll be sure to look up the tracks and find something appropriate.

thank you for your help.

Niko

My list is just the songs that will be available to us, rather than all the downloadable songs. Should have made that clearer, 'pologies.

Gbot_ADR

GiggleBot
This is a fantastic list Niko, Thank you very much. I'm kind of annoyed that there's only the 1 track by Rammstein available, and I would have like to have seen "Holy Diver" by Dio / Killswitch engage available but oh well.

As for my song choices, yeah there'll probably be a Slipknot track in there, maybe some disturbed and a bit of Rise against.

just by going through the list niko made available and the downloadable content list I've come up with this short list of possibilities:
Disturbed - Stricken
Slipknot - Duality
Slipknot - Pulse of the Maggots
Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee
Papa roach - last resort
Rammstein - Du hast
Killswitch engage - My Curse?
The offspring - Self esteem
R.E.M - Losing my Religion
The Whites Stripes - Seven nation army

Rockband 2:
Disturbed - Down with the sickness
Kansas - Carry on my Wayward son

Niko

I don't have Pulse of the Maggots, and Self Esteem is a Rock Band 2 song.
If you're really keen on playing it I could acquire Holy Diver (Dio) - I have enough MicroSoft points for one more song, and no idea which to get.

Spyykey

F*ck Mountain
Well I can bring my guitar with me. However for those feeling at little more daring than usual, I have acquired a pro guitar...

Top Bottom