Sharp Zaurus (Possibly)

Sakey

Ok, I am still in the thinking of selling this stage but I thought I would post looking for interest. If I get someone interested with the right offer I will sell.

I have a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 Linux based PDA (Personal Mobile Tool as they like to call it) which is boxed with all the cables and the docking station. It does not have the original stylus but includes a stylus that fits snugly into the slot.

These are highly customisable with a large amount of Open Source ROMs (basically the OS) available to run on them as well as the official sharp ROM.

The actual body is a portrait style screen with a plastic cover that flips up. At the bottom of the device are some system buttons. That bottom section slides down to reveal a QWERTY keyboard.

Expansion is in the form of a Compact Flash slot and a SD slot. The CF slot is usually used for the wireless/bluetooth expansion (with the correct cards).

The Zaurus can dock with any windows based PC easily through the supplied software. I have the original disk plus two updated cds (the updates CDs are burnt disks, not from the manufacturer).

If people show an interest I will get photos and post them here.

The only straight SL-5500 I could find on Ebays buy it now was for £69.95. I would be looking for £50 or there about for this (I am negotiable but not silly offers please).

Top Bottom