So what do you guys think of the new TF2 content?

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
This leaves the poor engie without any new weaps, but so far I'm thinking that the demo man is more of a fun class to play now. Can't comment on any of the new weaps except the soldiers pick axe which is pretty comical :)

But what do you guys think, and can anyone explain this new crafting?

ZeroG

I've only played a little so far but the new changes suck. I have no idea what the crafting system is supposed to do and it seems a bit flaky.

Demo men are a tad overpowered at the moment, got charging with swords all over the place (although this happens with every class after an update) and they are quite hard to kill - full on rocket hits doing little damage.

Also with the free weekend I think the servers were overloaded as there was loads of problems with unlocks not being available.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Yeah the demo man is rather hard to kill when charging about all over the place...

It still feels pretty balanced though :)

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Also with the free weekend I think the servers were overloaded as there was loads of problems with unlocks not being available.

That may be an explanation as to why certain weapons from other classes weren't equipping properly over the weekend...

Sweeper128

Being a TF2 whore, I find the update to be humorous, yet really F'ing infuriating at the same time. It's not the weapons, its the fact that everyone has the weapons so they stop people from getting achievements. </rant>

Direct Hit is a bit OP in really close range. Yes it's a rocket, but it is designed for accuracy. I come at someone with the Equaliser, and boom, no effort required, (though that's probably a message to say don't self damage and then charge out with the pick axe, since it's your only unlock for soli.)

As for Demo, I only have the Chargin Targe. It's powerful and I have easily taken down Heavys with the bottle, but I'm not liking the whole "GO IN A STRAIGHT LINE!" action. Would like some ability to alter your course, albeit with reduced crit/damage if the course is altered from a straight line.

Also, where's the "Meet the..." video? There are two left and one could have been done here.

ZeroG

I've seen people doing 90 degree turns while charging so unless it's a bug there must be a way.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
The demo man isn't really a demo man with the eyelander and the charging targe... it is quite comical though :)

There is a distinct lack of decent servers though!

By decent I mean - ALL TALK OFF, stock respawn times cause instaspawn is for people that can't play the game properly and a decent map rotation.

If you guys feel this is lacking and show some interest I'll put up another TF2 server with a tight map rotation with other maps being voteable. I really like goldrush and dustbowl you see! :) Course it'll be crap without players and this is where you lot come in, perhaps a regular games night come TF2 night?

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
the servers i always play on, normally at least one server always full and other fill up at night, great community and banter, good skill level:

|H|H| was founded by Minty and Gimpster in November 2007, and is a TF2 clan for the older and wiser gamers out there.

We have 5 TF2 public servers, with HLStats & map voting, which you can find at
HH1.THEHH.CO.UK:27015 - |H|H| TF2 #1 - 24 slots TF2
HH2.THEHH.CO.UK:27015 - |H|H| TF2 #2 - 24 slots TF2
HH3.THEHH.CO.UK:27035 - |H|H| TF2 #3 - 24 slots TF2
HH4.THEHH.CO.UK:27045 - |H|H| TF2 #4 - 24 slots TF2 - 24/7 Gorge / Double Cross
HH5.THEHH.CO.UK:27055 - |H|H| TF2 #5 - 24 slots TF2 - 24/7 Gorge / Double Cross
(PropHunt will return later!)

2 L4D servers
L4D.THEHH.CO.UK:27075 - |H|H| L4D #1 - Co-op
L4D.THEHH.CO.UK:27065 - |H|H| L4D #2 - Versus

4 L4D2 servers
L4D.THEHH.CO.UK:27015 - |H|H| L4D2 #1
L4D.THEHH.CO.UK:27035 - |H|H| L4D2 #2
L4D.THEHH.CO.UK:27045 - |H|H| L4D2 #3 - Versus
L4D.THEHH.CO.UK:27055 - |H|H| L4D2 #4 - Versus

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Do they run with stock respawn times? :)

Why do they have different host names for all of them if they run on the same box with a couple of ip's? Jus strikes me as odd... nice website though

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
Why do they have different host names for all of them if they run on the same box with a couple of ip's? Jus strikes me as odd...

Personally, I think the seperate host names are good, that would be easier for people to remember rather than an ip
Also, The TF2 server #2 looks as if its running on a different box, due to the fact its running at port 27015 (which is the same port as server #1)

Amesy

I would like to get into TF2. the game never really appealed to me. Maybe because i came in at a time where you have to get points to get better weapons and no game is fun when you cant level up because the people you play with cream you at every step.

ZeroG

I would like to get into TF2. the game never really appealed to me. Maybe because i came in at a time where you have to get points to get better weapons and no game is fun when you cant level up because the people you play with cream you at every step.

That's not really true, you can get the weapon unlocks through achievements but you can also get them randomly from drops and to an extent through the new crafting system. Also the unlock weapons don't make someone better really it's just an alternate weapon that has good and bad things about them.

The sniper shield for example helps protect from a sneak spy attack but you lose a 2nd weapon.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Personally, I think the seperate host names are good, that would be easier for people to remember rather than an ip
Also, The TF2 server #2 looks as if its running on a different box, due to the fact its running at port 27015 (which is the same port as server #1)

My pizza box has 5 ip's :)

TF2 rules, you just have to play the game to be rewarded with unlocks :)

Top Bottom