Socks PC update

Bloodnok

After an age of problems of Socks PCs, I think I found the problem, the Hard Drive...

Well, Socks wanted furmark done so:

socks pc furmark.png

Ignore the Hard Drive, its a sata 1 seagate thats mine...

wei.PNG

Now to rebuild the sodding thing, the screws are falling out of the motherboard...

Bloodnok

UPDATE: After pointing out the hard drive was at fault, I pluged back in the blu-ray drive and all hell breaks lose, the joys of trouble shooting...

Bloodnok

After swaping the psu and hdd, I can confirm that the blu-ray is at fault. Now the next test, will it stay that way when socks uses it

Bloodnok

The Blu-Ray drive works fine in my Intel PC...

What I think is happening is the motherboard is having a driver conflict with the blu-ray and freezes...

There seems to be no fix for this other than an having an Intel machine....

The make and model is Pioneer BDC-202BK

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
The Blu-Ray drive works fine in my Intel PC...

What I think is happening is the motherboard is having a driver conflict with the blu-ray and freezes...

There seems to be no fix for this other than an having an Intel machine....

The make and model is Pioneer BDC-202BK

Bluray drives are cheap as chips now - I think socks used to have an intel cpu... yes yes he did... well did that solve it then? :)

Bloodnok

455d1249092693-dacia.jpg

After installing the chipset drivers, the blu-ray works XDXDXD

Bloodnok

ARGH!!! Had to clean install the pc at socks place after the steam install from ninite.com broke windows.... SOCKS!!!!

Putting this here for ref:

Install the gfx driver before installing the chipset drivers as the chipset drivers stop responding if installed 1st...

Top Bottom