The Good The bad And The damn Right Ugly

Niko

The Good:
Saturday Night Artemis
Artemis is always fun, but having so many of us operating a small fleet was something else. Best game I've played at any BreachLAN event, and hope we can do it again.

BreachLAN T-Shirts
Awesome to see these finally happening. Looking forward to seeing everyone wearing their shirts at future LANs.

Fireworks
Sure, it wasn't the most exciting display ever, but the fact that it brought everyone together for something other than a game was pretty cool.

Doorkickers
Great fun to play, and it was amazing for the developers to provide us the game and the prizes.

The Bad:
Cold
At times, it was pretty damn cold. But I highly doubt there's anything we can do about that.

Lack of Large Group Games
It seemed like there weren't many group games, even for a 48hr LAN. Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor and Flatout 2 really limit the number of players, so don't feel like proper group games to be honest.

The Ugly:
"The Spooky Finish"

Dod's own "display" during the fireworks.

The good:
  • First LAN for a while
  • HMS Tittywank and her valiant crew
  • Door Kickers
The bad:
  • My lack of sleep due to being up late and shitty sleeping bag
The ugly:
  • Dod's dingly-danglies

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
The good:
  • Largest Nov LAN ever!
  • Great to see so many new faces
  • Artemis was a great laugh
  • Almost winning a game of CoD4 FFA
  • Papa John's Pizza was bang on!
  • Steam download cache worked really well
  • Door kickers tournament
  • volunteers staying behind for the clear up, really helps us get out of the hall before silly o'clock :)
The bad:
  • Must remember to bring more than a T-shirt to a winter LAN
  • Sporadic big games - need more
The ugly
  • Nothing to report :)

grogers126

Sniper
THE GOOD

• Awesome turnout
  • Door kickers awesome tournament and was really good to see peoples tactics for the levels that were selected and some awesome prizes up for grabs thanks to Killhouse Games
  • Artemis although i never took part i walked around watching other people play.
  • PIZZA awesome as usual
  • Steam cache
  • Nice to see old and lots of new faces
  • BreachLAN t-shirts were awesome big thank you to NIKO (please remember to order from piglet if you want one)
  • Fireworks good to get a break from games
  • Very late night playing cards against humanity
THE BAD
  • Lack of big games (we tried to keep this lan less structured and more relaxing we may have to re-think this)
  • The cold weather (woke up friday morning and could of swore i was a female)
  • eating breakfast and turning round to see Skull twerking next to me :cripes:
THE UGLY
  • Castianas driving on the way home (only joking)
  • MAST

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
The Good:

• Nice and busy
  • pizza
  • new faces
  • firework shenanigans
  • T-shirt on its way for me :D
  • actually having money left in my wallet when leaving the hall usually i end up with none left due to my amazing ability to spend wayyyy to much money :)
The Bad:

• little bit of a lack of big games
  • always feels a tad short these 48hr lans
The ugly:

• cant think of anything on off the top of my head

themast

Self Proclaimed God
Good:
being at LAN
Pizza
Artemis
Fireworks (good to do something else for a bit)

Bad:
My shitty airbed
Burnt thumb cos of fireworks

Ugly:
Do i even need to mention you dod? we all know your fugly

T

trkevig

THE GOOD:
Being at the lan right after work (and still in my suit lol)
Being at the LAN again after what seemed too long a break
Introducing more people to the lan, namely my Nephew and now my Brother this time.
Fireworks was a really good touch
The UT beer game again - love that background music
The STONEHAVEN map on GHOSTS - we should own this map at future lans like seeing as its so close !!!
My homebrew.
Heating in the sleeping quarters making this November LAN very cosy this time
Season 2014 announced
Seeing staff wearing official tshirts
The Pizza was bang tidy as usual
Door kickers - simple but very addictive. Great idea for LAN and prizes were amazing for this.

THE BAD:
No Fox when requested (lol)
Losing 2/3 games of F1 2012 - i mean WTF!!!!!
Watching my 15yr old nephew annialate me at COD:Ghosts
not taking part in armetis after buying it for the LAN
Season pass officially ran out and now need a new one.

THE UGLY:
seeing Dod's junk at the fireworks display
seeing Dod bum Cas
Having to wait till VALENTINES DAY for next lan... yeah that was a hard explain lol

Potty

THE GOOD:

First LAN! :) Like to thank all those who made my first time a fantastic one! Had a great weekend!
Meeting up with so many new people.
Some great matches in CS:GO and COD 4.
Artemis. Great LAN game! Although I think my mines and lack of targeting may have caused some (read most) friendly fire incidents. Sorry! :oops: :p
Door Kickers. Great game and brilliant competition prize. Well done to those who won!
Fireworks.
Pizza = Nom!

THE BAD:

Having to leave early due to having to move house
The cold outside :p

THE UGLY
None that I can think of.

Spyykey

F*ck Mountain
The Good
  • Fireworks - Not the most Impressive display, however it was amusing with anticipation of the rockets going off only for a weak ending, but also to the firework crew and their antics lighting them as well as the "cautious" approach and "disposal" after each was finished. Nice change of pace for the usual lanning, with Pizza awaiting us immediately afterwards. Props to Piglet for the spooky pumpkin
  • Artemis - It is a great game, particularly with the hilarity that ensues, especially when inevitably a crew of one ship will start the chain of events leading to a free for all. Disappointed it didn't happen this lan(the sudden "destruction" of all ships at ds1 doesn't count), only with "USS touch me please" coming close to the award of slight annoyance. I enjoyed leading a fleet of 20+ crew members on 5 ships, it was quite fun and hectic. I can imagine what mumble would have been like if everyone was in the one channel, but Harry I believe set up the channels beautifully.
  • Doorkickers - Unfortunately I decided not to participate, but congrats to everyone who won prizes. In the good mainly because of the prizes, as well because it came from the deveopers.
  • BreachLan T-shirts - I needs moar clothes.
  • Late night/early morning Cards against Humanity - This was my first time playing it and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I would mark this the highlight of the Lan for me for the unexpected, inappropriate, yet uncontrollable laughter it creates. The Lan altogether was an great experience as usual.
The Bad
  • Duration and few big games - Time went by quickly this lan, as expected but it was also missing the great past-time of Lan gaming, the usual games like: UT2004, Counterstrike, but too few to include everyone in a good session of fun, disappointment and RAGE.
  • Doorkickers - The developers have to model Gordo's face on some poor swat member.
The Ugly
  • Mooning - Seen too many arses. Cannot unsee.

Carjriak

The Good:
- Was great to be able to come back after not being for a year
- Artemis was a blast as always
- Doorkickers was amusing to see the different tactics implemented and the frustrations the AI could cause
- Firework were a nice change from the norm

The Bad:
- Lacked enough group/big games
- Not having good sleeping arrangements until the 2nd night

The UGLY:
-Can we just rename this "The DOD"?

Top Bottom