The Good - The Bad - The Ugly

MadmaN

Was good to get back to breachlan it had been awhile. Enjoyed myself.

--- The Good ---

Rock band ftw! Epic as usual and the whole setup with the lights and all is amazing!
CS GO, Cod 4 was fun
Correct pizza this time :)

--- The Bad ---

Only problems I had was the spacing between the tables .. alot of squeezing in and out lol
Also the heat was crazy I was melting .. I was hoping the windows would be open more often to let some cool air in. I'll need to invest in a decent table or usb fan lol.

--- The Ugly ---

Swett
Ugly price I paid for pizza but that was my fault lol. Live and learn huh :D

-- Conclusion --

Very much enjoyed meeting everyone again and playing some classic games.
Not sure when my next LAN will be with the wife being pregnant. I'll Deff be back for sure. See you all in the future!

mintR

I Stream Things
Hey Mad! Was good to see you again buddy!

Glad you enjoyed the event!

Appreciate the feedback. we will be sure to ensure there is enough space between tables at the future event to accommodate everyone :)

I was rather toasty too! We are more than happy for customers to open the windows near them if they get abit hot! Just check in with a staff member when doing so.

Pizza discount is done when handing in the order, the cost you were charged is the cost of the pizza you ordered without the discount which was made aware to you before you placed it. We recommend all customers check the price of their pizza before ordering.

Hope to see you back again and wish you and your newly wife all the best with your wee baby :)

mintR

Niko

This LAN was pretty great, an improvement over the last couple (although I was too ill to take part last time, so not hard to beat).

The jukebox worked well again, aside from a few peculiar choices. Would be good to keep the limit on track length, either by not letting longer tracks get picked or by only playing the first X minutes of longer songs. I did notice that when I requested a few songs, once they came up they were played in order - might be better to try and shuffle the playlist more. I also feel like the jukebox has enough of a library where we could probably get away with limiting each song to 1 play per LAN (or maybe 2 in case you request a song and miss it?). Checking the jukebox statistics and seeing the same few songs played again and again (Slipknot vs. Jason Derulo comes to mind) is a bit dumb.

Rock Band was great, no complaints here. Was good to see people playing a couple of songs the day after - might be worth keeping the stage ready and available for people who want to play without worrying about the Battle of the Bands event? Also, the sound/lighting setup was just as good as ever and 10 times easier to pack away, which I'm a big fan of.

Games were fun, especially Rainbox Six: Siege, but some of the big games didn't have many players despite a pretty high turnout at the LAN, such as TF2. This suggests that either people don't want to play these games, or they want to but can't. Either way it's probably a good idea to try and figure out why, and maybe review the games list based on it. The big games should be the highlight of a LAN, so it's a bit disheartening (and a bit of a waste) when only a handful of people are playing.

On this subject, I feel like we should bring back the schedule, at least for some of the big games. It's so helpful to know what we're playing and when, so we can make sure the games are ready, so we can plan around them, and so everyone is ready to play at the same time. CS:GO almost died early after people started leaving, but sprung back to life after an influx of late-joiners. If everyone knows we are starting at a specific time, then we should get everyone in the game at once, which is more fun and keeps it alive longer. Also, I don't have the hard drive space or a fast enough internet connection to have every game on the list ready to play at a moment's notice, so the earlier I know that a game is happening, the more time I have to get a hold of it, make sure it works, and be ready to play. If we decide on a game that I don't have installed and we start playing right away, more often than not I'll just skip it as I'll have missed most of it and people will have started leaving by the time i'm ready to play. Sure, you can argue that we have the games list and people should be prepared ahead of time, but in a lot of cases it's just not practical.

Overall, great LAN, really had to think to come up with suggestions for improvements, which is always a good sign. Looking forward to the next one.

Last edited:

DictaTyr

Definitely agree with a lot of points Niko has brought up. Games list needs a looking at, 75% of the games on it weren't played and there are a few more up to date and relatively cheap games that could possibly be brought in as replacements going forward. Having some sort of schedule would definitely help get the big games going a bit better so long as there's a good bit of variety as there tends to be a lot of shooting games played (CoD4, TF2, CS:GO etc).

Top Bottom