tournament suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroG

The problem with the standard game as tournies is there's certain people who almost always win it.

Some completely random game as a tourny would be fun.

Sakey

You do realise the more you go on about CS, the less chance of us even running a server for it :p

Scotlan used to have a guy that went to some of their LANs who was brilliant at UT. He kept on going on to Matt about running a UT tourny. Matts response was this:

"Why should I run a tournament just for you that it is obvious you are going to win?"

I think our response is pretty much the same. The other aspect is, although people enjoy playing CSS as a fun game, they don't enjoy playing it competitively, myself being one of them.

If you can get at least 4 teams of 4 people interested, I will consider running one

mulllet88

I think Dave should just be appeased and given a counter strike tournament all for himself. It's not likle anyone else has a chance of winning... :p

NiceGuy

You do realise the more you go on about CS, the less chance of us even running a server for it :p

Scotlan used to have a guy that went to some of their LANs who was brilliant at UT. He kept on going on to Matt about running a UT tourny. Matts response was this:

"Why should I run a tournament just for you that it is obvious you are going to win?"

I think our response is pretty much the same. The other aspect is, although people enjoy playing CSS as a fun game, they don't enjoy playing it competitively, myself being one of them.

If you can get at least 4 teams of 4 people interested, I will consider running one

There is no guarantee i would win at all, my mate OD-Tassadar is here this time, he stands a chance...

Besides! -> Doesn't that Zer0 guy win every single UT tournament? You still play that!

Sakey

No ZeroG doesn't, he has, admitedly, won the last two but I have won it, Rock Munkey has won it. Each time there was only a few frags in it.

Also, we may be running that but it will not be prize winning this time.

Like I said though, post a thread. If you can get at least 16 people willing to enter it, then I will think about running then tourny. I can't say fairer than that.

ZeroG

I've won the UT2k4 insta 3 times out of the last 4, one before last I didn't play :) As F_Sake said he technically won one but since he was staff it didn't count. I don't know why I'm always top/near top since I never play the game outside the lan.

I still think completely random tournies would be better.

Olap

what is this geometry wars? am I the only person who doesn't know about it?

Also indeed, ZeroG does have some good ut skills, and a nice mouse matt for each time he one but it is always close. Everybody would like to have a chance at winning in a tournament hence the unknown ones such as the geometry wars and the new tf2, the theory being no one is good enough yet. I just hope enough people have it by then. Still I think the savage 2 might be out by then and it's free to demo on a lan

I'm not a fan of rts tourneys as they take forever. I think a guitar hero 3 knock out could be amazingly fun, it's multiplayer is supposed to be incredibly fun.

What I'm more worried about is a timetable for big games. I suggest 1 friday night to get everyone started, 2 sat afternoon, evening left air bucaneers and flatout2 and whatever else people play. Then on sunday about noon the 100 frag game followed by mad double dom

MadmaN

Q3 FTW??? :D - nah it dont matter ill be happy alsong as i get atleast one game on lan lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom