Trab thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKALiCE

For dada's sake ;)

Also, if you are Trab's dad, you are amazing.
attachment.php

Dada

DADA I made TRAB..... its true into the killing machine that he is

Yes its true, I am the Dada of TRAB, the name stuck for 20 years !
For all you old time Computer Geeks / Nerds whatever the P.C. is for it nowdays he cut his teeth on a Commodore AMIGA 500 ( with an extra 500k of ram ) real SAD I know, and I do still have it along with a Commodore 64 with tape deck for the games to load up,
Me I cut my teeth on a ZX81 with pressure sensitive keyboard, Thats real mans gaming !!!!
trab year1.JPG

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Hey Dada!

I remember those things, I'm a few years ahead of Son of Dada though :D

I had / still have an Atari STE 512 , with the obligatory 512k ram upgrade ;)

Welcome to the forums, are you still a gamer?!

Dada

Re ATARI

Yes the ATARI used extensively in music recording studios, And yes still very much a gamer, Just ask Trab A little slower, but wiley like a FOX well sort of, I build the Rigs trab and some of his freinds have, I will probbably be at the next LAN, If trab lets me !!! I dropped him off at the last 1, We have our own LAN at home, 7 PCS the photos a little old all the Comps are now upgraded to decent Specs a Very expensive passtime !! Nice Talking to you, Dada
img002.jpg

MadmaN

Hey Dada another oldie ish here lol .. 30 this year :eek: .. I want your room with all them computers lol ...started off playing my dads Spectrums lol.. then I got the Amiga 500 and later the Amiga A1200 AGA with extra ram and a 500MB HDD and even a moniter! lol... my m8 even got a graphics accelarator for his Amiga 1200 lol think it was called an 030 or something.

I remember saying that Amiga's where the best and i would never need a PC .. until i seen my dads friends PC and my mind was blown with the graphics difference in games and stuff lol.

so in high school i got a few hundred pounds for staying on.. and with help from my dads m8 .. me and my dad built my first system :) The rest is history .. been building myself bigger and better machines ever since :)

welcome to the forums and hope to see you along at the next LAN!

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
That's really, really cool :)

By all means the more the merrier! We need a few more people to pay in advance for us to be able to afford the hall, but after that it's smooth sailing!

Computing is still very much a big thing for me, except my toys have gotten bigger! :D

Attachments

• 2009-09-14 14.56.32.jpg
    2009-09-14 14.56.32.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 15

Bloodnok

My desk had that platform on it but found to be a waste of space and too high for the monitor...

Room is being for "storage" atm... so not posting a pic of that just yet

Dada

Oh dear what have i started.... a Retro Thread ?

Trab gonna need a hand with some graphic editing me thinks !

Ok here is a more later picture of how the Computer room looks nowadays
as you can see serious updates made to PCs and decor ( leftover from Battlefield 1942 and BF2) When we had a Clan thing going on, I was selling some old graphics cards on Ebay so I thought a shot like this would help me out. And it did :)DSCF1165.jpg Trabs PC is far left corner 5 along from right to left Next to mr T on the wall. Who really does PITY FOOLS !!

Dada

Thoose Graphic cards on the table....

Probbably looking at the best part of £ 1,400 when fist bought (weep weep) sold for a miserly £ 60 not even enough for a decent Ram upgrade SOB....:(DSCF1164.jpg The fun of upgrades..........!

MadmaN

mmmm sexy hardware lol ... your lans must rock .. each gamer gets a comfy computer chair lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom