Windows 7 RC

Sweeper128

With it's RC release next week, do you guys think it is a good idea to try Windows 7 out.

I personally will try it. What are your opinions on this matter. The RC lasts a whole year.

Makes me want a infra-red system on my tv. Touchy-touchy!

ZeroG

Unless they have changed it the RC will timeout and if you decide to move to Windows 7 you will have to do a full re-install I think. Same if you are on XP as there is no upgrade path before Vista.

I might be tempted to try it out on my laptop if I can get the drivers and software to work.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
lol, probably, but this time there is no need for keys for the people who already have the beta (build 7000)

im going to try it out, should be able to upgrade the beta to the rc, cause i have that on my other hdd

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Im not going to bother.

I really cant be bothered making a new partition, then installing the new os, then setting it up the way i like it with drivers / programs etc.

It's just too much hassle. Il buy an OEM licence when it comes out to use with my new computer and thatl be that.

ZeroG

You may not be able to upgrade from Beta to RC easily as I remember reading that Microsoft didn't support this as it's not something many people do in the real world so they don't test for it.

Although a quick google brings up many sites with information on how to do it.

Sweeper128

One of those comments on that Guardian page just gave me an idea. To use a VM.
Why didn't I think of that?
Although it would be trippy to run a VM of Windows XP on 7 being ran on a VM on Vista. Long way around my Faceposer problems. :rolleyes:

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
also, if you want the 3d effects and all that 7 can do, i noticed the other night that Sun Virtualbox now does 3d acceleration for VMs also

ZeroG

Win7 has an XP mode anyway, no need to go anywhere near Vista :)

It's good marketing strategy though. Sell Vista as much as you can, take away XP support, peolpe get annoyed with Vista, make Win7 pretty decent so everyone just accepts the loss that Vista was and buys Window 7.

Microsoft must be rolling it in.

Sakey

Running RC1 now, just as stable as I was expecting and still loving it (except the lack of PB support but thats not MS fault)

Top Bottom