" windows cannot access this disc" - HELP PLZ!!

T

trkevig

OK, i have this problem, when i put a dvd (any dvd) into either dvd drive i get the following message :

"Windows cannot access this disc. The disc might be corrupt. Make sure the disc uses a format that windows recognises. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it."

My OS Is Vista Ultimate x64
My dvd drives are according to vista:
Lite-on dvdrw shm-165p6s scsi cdrom device
TSSTcorp DVD_rom SH-D162D scsi cdrom device

Problem 1 - is that the drives are actually ide and not scsi
Problem 2 - doesnt matter what disc i put in neither of them can read it
Problem 3 - its definatly vista an not hardware as both drives work perfect in same machine with windows 7 instalation

Ive had this problem twice before and its due to an update windows installs... but which one??

does anyone know which KB update i should uninstall please? ive spent 4 hours looking through masses of google results to no result. Someone surely has had the same issue please???

cheers

T

trkevig

yep, have the latest drivers for everything... and the optical drives are IDE PATA not scsi, and not sata... off for a look at the link

BTW, found a stash of old scotlan vids on a dvd from back in the day when i actually made it up to see you all.... brought back some crazy memories....

T

trkevig

bah, page temp unavail due to system maintanance... ill try laters.. thanks for the link and help

T

trkevig

My system shows my 5 x 1TB SATA-II HDD's as SCSI. I have no idea why, but I just go with it....

because sata is considered to be scsi in windows, but PATA is not definatly not SCSI lol

Top Bottom