WTB: Stuff

Dyce

Ok, im starting to notice that my pc is a bit decrepit at the moment, however, im not looking to upgrade properly at the moment due to direct x10 stuff being around the corner, so! I'm wondiering if anyone has any reasonably new old parts that they no longer have any use for.

I'm specifically after a new processor as I'm on a 2500+ Athlon at the moment and i guess i could do with some more power. Nothing 64 bit though as I don't have the board.

Biascally, I have no idea what im looking for, but am always open to new parts and suggestions :)

Cerro

Upgrade old parts without changing too much? Are you sure you want to do that?

You could get the bare bones of a new system for ?400 or less (cpu, mobo, gfx and ram). Or a complete system for ?600... That way you can stick in the new DX10 stuff when it comes down in price - its what i've just done. Well apart from that price, i just skimped on the cpu and gfx card until the best ones come down to more reasonable prices.

Dyce

Well that would require a system upheaval twice instead of once really. Esepcially since I could upgrade my processor and ram for under ?100 ( i'd hope ) at the moment, as opposed to shelling out ?400 and then relying on nothing changing in the meantime.

I guess id rahter a stich in time saving nine at the moment, and then upgrade later on in the year when i know everything has settlled down for good.

Top Bottom