BreachLAN 21 - Who is the KING of BreachLAN? Sponsored by KustomPCs!

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
kustomBanner.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Tonight, I present to you our brand new tournament that shall be running for the duration of BreachLAN21 - The King of BreachLAN. Sponsored by Kustom PC's

The rules of the competition are simple.

1) One player is the King of the LAN. They will be given a crown, scepter and robe to honour them.

2) If you wish to become the king, you must first challenge the king. To do this you must inform the king that you wish to challenge them for their crown.

3) Once the king has been challenged, a random 1v1 game shall be picked from the assortment of games listed below. Either player is allowed to veto the game. If necessary to pick a level, both challenger and king must agree on the level choice.

4) The King, and the challenger ascend onto the royal stage to do battle. If the King wins, they remain on the throne to fight another day. If the challenger wins, the king is slain and must sulk away in defeat.

5) The tournament will draw to a close at 1pm on the final day of lan. At which time, the Royal Princess, KustomPC's shall grace the winners each with a £20 voucher a case decal, showing their impressive achievement. The three categories for victory in this tournament are.

• Longest King Standing - The player who successfully held off the most challengers to remain on the throne longest.
  • Last King Standing - The player who is king at 1pm on the final day.
  • The Kingslayer - The player whom has slain the greatest number of kings.
Good Luck fellow countrymen. May god be with you.

Confirmed as part of the King of BreachLAN.

PC - Unreal Tournament 2004 Deathmatch. (Regular Weapons, NO INSTAGIB, 1v1 maps only)
PC - CS:S Reverse GunGame (restricted map choice)
PC - Hedgewars (Default weapon choices - Six hogs per team)
PC - Starcraft BroodWar (Standard maps only)
PC - Tetron 2000 (Three rounds of three lives)
PC - Armagedtron (Ten Rounds - One tiebreaker if needed)
PC - Street Fighter IV (Three rounds of three fights - No character restrictions)

Potential Games - These games may be entered into the tournament if hardware / software licences allow.

PC - Dirt 2 - We need at least one more licence, and one computer capable of running the game. Remember the computer will be on the stage for the duration of the LAN so you can't use it.

Console games - we would really love for a lot of console games to be a part of this tournament. Particularly previous generation consoles. This is entirely dependent on if you are prepared to bring along the console, game AND the controllers to make it possible. If you would like to bring along your console to the LAN for our use then we would greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions about this then please message me as soon as possible to discuss it.

If you have any questions about this tournament, please leave a comment below and I'l take care of it for you.
Thanks.

The Small Print
  • All matches will take place on BreachLAN computers / consoles. There is no need to own any of the games listed.
  • Participants may use their own keyboard, mouse and headphones if they want. 360 controllers are permitted for all games where they are supported, but participants MUST provide their own.
  • Participants are not allowed to use their own monitors unless there are extenuating circumstances.
  • The first king will be randomly selected from everybody who has arrived at the lan before 7pm on the first night. Any wins the first king achieves WILL count towards their final score.
  • There is no limit to the number of times anyone can challenge for the crown.
  • There is no limit to the number of times anyone can be king.
  • The king must accept any challenge. If the king does not accept the challenge, they are automatically forfeited their title.
  • Both the king and the challenger have one veto each per challenge. If either the king or the challenger veto's a game, a new one shall be selected. Unused veto's do not stack.
  • In the event king and challenger can not agree on a level, a random level will be chosen.
  • If a player is defeated as the king, they are allowed to immediately re-challenge their successor for their crown. If the player reclaims their crown immediately after losing it the other player must wait two hours to re-challenge.
  • If a player is defeated as a challenger, they must wait two hours before they are allowed to challenge the king again. The time limit is cancelled if a new king is in place before the timer runs out.
  • Each player is allowed to win in only one category. In the event that one player is in the lead in more than one category, the precidence shown above shall apply and the prize awarded to the next player.
  • The KingSlayer win condition is based on the number of UNIQUE kills. If you slay the same king three times you get only one point. Slaying three different kings earns three points.
  • Any challenge that is already underway at the finishing time will be allowed to finish - the winner will claim the last king standing award.
  • Any questions - PM gemini

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
I'd like to thank everybody at Dex and Fay's BBQ who helped come up with this idea.

And a big thank you to Graeme @ KustomPC's for their continued support.

Knottyboy

Sounds good, but i hope this won't dominate the LAN so we can play a lot of big games instead of watching loads of 1v1s.

Is it possible to win all 3 categories for victory?
How will you choose who challanges the king first? Undoubtedly there will be several at once.

I have a spare DiRT 2 key you could use that isn't tied to a steam account

I am obviously going to be the King :rolleyes:

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Almost all your questions are answered.

1) It won't dominate, it's running over a long time to ensure this.
2) No - Read small print.
3) Someone has to be first I'm sure we can work it out without a bloodbath.
4) Thanks for the offer - Might take you up on that.
5) You need to prove you are worthy of being the king.

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Why oh why is there not a LOVE button XD

EDIT; If you want i could bring my PS1 with steering wheel, best of 3 laps in F1 2000 wins :p

.AC.

Will we be able to change key bindings? I will very much miss my mouse 2 to go forward way of gaming lol..

Binky

Sounds amazing. Such a shame I cant make the lan and I cant remote in or use a virtual presence robot.

I will have to make do with Wills tales of the prostate examinations and mellon stuffing.

Will

really? They make useless paper weights and hell if I know what else they are good for.
They make good food when your guide dies and you're stuck in the rainforest and the Yanomamö tribe are nowhere to be found!

Binky

They make good food when your guide dies and you're stuck in the rainforest and the Yanomamö tribe are nowhere to be found!

If you can get in they are great but they are like a armoured coconut. Far too much hassle and far too messy.

Will

If you can get in they are great but they are like a armoured coconut. Far too much hassle and far too messy.
Roll them onto their back, the flesh on their bellies is generally not that hard to get through. Remember, the armour does have leg and head holes.

Top Bottom