BreachLAN 30 - The Theme

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
I only have one thing id like to ask about this
Can you please not include All the games played at the lan? or do the competitive one after some for fun rounds?
at the Last lan the massive games were roflstomps all one way or the other(tf2 and chiv for red and UT and CS:GO for blue litrally all rounds to one team each time) which drove a few people from playing (on both teams) and not many were willing to play for fun afterwards due to the hammering the other side got in the RvB game beforehand(it kinda killed my interest in tf2 after the Rvb game)
Before the event, everybody will be randomly assigned a team. During the event, every game you play will count towards your teams overall score with the winners receiving the glory and the honor that only the best team deserves (REDRULEZBLUESUXLOLOLOLOL)
you only won because you included starcraft when you had all of the skilled players of that game on your team :p
EDIT: i REALLY need to proof read things

Last edited:

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
I only have one thing id like to ask about this
Can you please not include All the games played at the lan? or do the competitive one after some for fun rounds?
at the Last lan the massive games were roflstomps all one way or the other(tf2 and chiv for red and UT and CS:GO for blue litrally all rounds to one team each time) which drove a few people from playing (on both teams) and not many were willing to play for fun afterwards due to the hammering the other side got in the RvB game beforehand(it kinda killed my interest in tf2 after the Rvb game)

you only won because you included starcraft when you had all of the skilled players of that game on your team :p
EDIT: i REALLY need to proof read things

Good point. I'l look into clarifying the wording but not every game will be included.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Right - Here we go.

There are three ways to earn points for your team.

1) Taking part in our big games.

2) Organizing your own smaller games

3) Aloha Team Spirit - Wear team clothes, help us out running things or keeping track of things, team coloured wallpapers etc etc.

1) THE BIG GAMES
We've crammed in some classics, but the best part is, they are ALL FREE

Every big game this time around is completely F2P. You don't have to spend a penny. And the games will be balanced in such a way so that even if you have never played a game before, you WILL be helping your team overall by taking part.

The big games are.

Thursday 9pm - Starcraft II. Yes, SCII makes a return to our big games list. Only this time it's free to play. We will take stock of how good everybody is, split everyone up and have a play three people. And if you don't like 1v1 and prefer 2v2, we will accommodate this as well :) You get 5 points for your team for taking part and 10 for winning (each game) And if you want to up the stakes and rematch....points are doubled.

Friday 2pm - NEOTOKYO - An awesome shooter, starting out as a UT2k4 mod it has since been moved over to source. It is a slow game with run and gun strategies rewarded with a face full of lead. 5 points to the winning team for every round. So every round counts.

Maps will be.

Bullet_TDM
Ghost_CTG
Dawn_CTG

Friday 9pm - TEAM FORTRESS 2 - Absolutely no introduction or explanation needed. Five points for a winning round.

Saturday 2pm - HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft. - In what is another brand new addition to our lineup, Hearthstone is a card game made by Blizzard with all the cards based around the Warcraft universe. We'll be balancing this one by order of an honesty system so people are pitted against others of similar skill. I have still to determine how to fairly score this one, keep an eye out.

Saturday 5pm - Trackmania - Simple, but brilliant. We will find a suitably difficult track that nobody has seen before, give a 1 hour time limit and away we go. The fastest time at the end of one hour will get 30 points. Second 25. Third 20. Fourth 17. Fifth 15. And so on with one point being deducted from now on.

Saturday 9pm - Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Holy crap this one is a blast from the past. One of the finest WWII shooters ever made, oozing with hilarious charm this I think will go down great. Again, scoring yet to be 100% finalized.

2) Smaller Games
Any game you want to play for RvB points
Now, if you want to play a smaller game in between the big games, that's fine. And if you want to up the ante by making it worth RvB points then that's just great too. Get in touch and we can quickly work out a scoring system before you start playing.

3) The Team Spirit
And we aren't referring to Kev's homebrew.
Finally, team spirit. Anything you can do to help your team. Be a good sport, help people out, wear your team colours with pride on your person and your computer. Similarly, points can be lost for being a tool.

Any Questions - Just ASK.
The small print

1) In the event of any dispute we will make best efforts to resolve it to everyones satisfaction.
2) BreachLAN staff reserve the right to make changes or alterations to the rules or points available for each game.
3) Where changes are made people will be informed via forum updates.
4) BreachLAN staff reserve the right to disqualify participants if we have proof of misconduct. Misconduct is not limited to inside a video game.
5) BreachLAN staff have the final say. Our word is final.

Last edited:
T

trkevig

could we have some links please to the games that arent on steam please? im having trouble finding starcraft 2 and trackmania. cheers.

# edit - forget that... this ol man didnt realise the blue WAS the links hahahaha

#time2retire

Last edited by a moderator:

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
I haven't touched UT since that game. I can't go back. I won't...
:cripes:
Uo61cqq.png

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Im not sure if its a mod, but imagine UT grassyknoll with persistant death bodys, play until we cant see between the corpses!

sirflukesalot

SEND IN MORE CONSCRIPTS!
erm when will we learn what team we are on ?
im thinking of getting something team coloured but well i aint buying one if i end up on the wrong team

Top Bottom