EvE LAN / Breachlan Warm Up

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Dave has taken up a trial account. Let me know dave if you become a full subscriber.

I am also doing another handhold day on Monday 16th March for Castiana atm. Anyone else who would like to join in is more than welcome. Same details as before.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
The new EvE expansion is due on Tuesday. So anyone currently playing EvE is advised to start a long assed skill training.

Expect CCP to announce 24hr downtime, (which will expand to about 30hrs). CCP and patch day NEVER goes well.

One time their patch installer took out the boot.ini file of all Windows XP users.

And another that I remember the database servers were bollocked up and resulted in massive lag, unplayable gameplay and Tranquility restarts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansions_of_Eve_Online#Apocrypha

The new expansion is set to add a totally overhauled new player experiance which I am quite interested to explore. They have also added in support for new tech, unstable wormholes, improved AI and a bunch of other stuff.

Still, dont forget.

CCP ALWAYS SCREW UP PATCH DAY.

ZeroG

I remember when the game first went live they had to roll back the servers and everyone lost a few days of played time in the process.

gimpchimp

Andy, Z and I are contemplating making a BL corp, with focus on mission running and trading. Some PvP on the side, of course. Anyone else interested?

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Not a bad idea that.

I'l create two new characters later this week and get them on the road for highsec missions.

My current (other corp) characters have jump clones in empire so they are able to come in for some action, providing the profits justify the costs of rebuilding my fleet in empire.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Totally.

Right then, this should be a really good way of regularly playing.

I'm in for the new Corp. If you could have it up and running ASAP I'l make a new account for me to play with. I'l also make sure anyone who comes to one of my EvE Handholding sessions gets invited.

I can provide Vent/TS free of charge for communications requirements. Hosted by MultiplayUK.

Aim for a 0.7 system to set up in to start off.

If we can get say six or seven characters into a corp, then I can set up an EvE Online LAN party for a corp wide gathering with a few beers and some serious mission running. It should also mean that EvE Handholding sessions that any of us may provide should prove to be more valuable if we get newbies straight out of the newbie corp and chuck them in the deep end with some L3 and L4 mission running.

I've noticed that is the best way to keep newbies playing. Get them OUT of the newbie corp and in with something more serious and more organised.

I've sent you a PM Nostrus. Hopefully we can come to an arrangement.

Also, if corp setup is successful, then I request subforum of Breachlan forums just for people who are in the Breachlan Corp (EvE) Guild (WoW) Clan (everything else) etcetc.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
There isnt one atm as far as I am aware. But there is always potential if anyone is prepared to commit to it.

gimpchimp

Problem with WoW is that those who already playing are liable to be splintered around the various different servers. Not so easy.

gimpchimp

Also, just to point out I don't like using community names directly. For example, I don't want us to name the corp "BreachLAN" but rather something on that theme.

Into the Breach would be a good example of what I'm aiming for.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Given the ammount of social engineering and manipulation it would be wise not to name the corp anything like Breachlan.

MadmaN

i would be up for a breachlan wow guild , im just looking for an exuse to play wow again lol.

Bloodnok

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"

As for names, check the Jupiter Mining Corp is available for EvE (name has been taken in wow)

gimpchimp

A fair point, G, but as we're not going to promote anyone into any position of power until we've actually met them, I don't see any issue with linking the corp with the LAN. After all, it's going to come out eventually anyway.

Top Bottom