Games List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeper128

In terms of Source mods, grab the client files and the server files (win32) and we'll see about setting up a server for them at the event :)

Isn't there a problem with Source Mods at the moment, due to the updates to the Orange Box Engine? There is a solution mentioned on the Garry's Mod homepage which involves GCFScape taking the Source 2007 Binaries.gcf file from the SteamApps directory and extracting the contents of the bin directory into the servers' Orangebox/bin directory.

Or are they fixed?

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Isn't there a problem with Source Mods at the moment, due to the updates to the Orange Box Engine? There is a solution mentioned on the Garry's Mod homepage which involves GCFScape taking the Source 2007 Binaries.gcf file from the SteamApps directory and extracting the contents of the bin directory into the servers' Orangebox/bin directory.

Or are they fixed?

I think that some of the source mods are moving to orange box, but if they are built on Source then they will work like that, if they have ported to the orange box then they will run with the orange box stuff installed, TF2 etc>

Just a guess? :)

Negator

I think i'll just be watching people play dow2. i don't like the new style of squad based fighting with xp etc and the move away from having a main base to really work from.

Plenty for everyone to play at any given time of course.

Mostly been playing trackmania nations lately, its strangely addictive.

Negator

heh. i loaded quakeworld and almost cried when i saw the graphics blown up on a 24" monitor. its just wrong and cannot be played. same would apply to doom.

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
which gmod?
i have 9 but not 10, and never played it multiplayer, but willing to give it a go :)

Skull

Thou Shalt Not Pass
hmm, it depends if steam would recognise a mod while in offline mode i suspect
i can supply the gmod9 installer file tomorow if you would like, but it depends on steam.

UPDATE
i have just managed to install gmod9, and with tweaking to the gameinfo file (as i do not have hl2 itself) managed to get 9 working without taking steam online.

MadmaN

is that the gmod you buy from steam? because i think most people have the baught version now.

i just baught mine not to long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom