Skyrim

Everlong

Hey all

Thought I'd start a wee thread to discuss Skyrim.

I've noticed a bunch of Breach members playing it so though a thread might get some traffic.

Please can we try and avoid spoilers at all costs.

So, who is all playing this at the moment?

Cheers

Evers :D

Everlong

Ah, kk. Nice one. I'll have to look into carrying around more pots then!

I'm actually playing as a kind of thief build. Has anyone got any advice regarding weapons for that class build?

Hexxy

I plowed through the main quest line, finished it and now don't really feel like playing it anymore :p

Binky

Ah, kk. Nice one. I'll have to look into carrying around more pots then!

I'm actually playing as a kind of thief build. Has anyone got any advice regarding weapons for that class build?

The bows are rather good if you are playing stealthy. Look into the dark brotherhood too, best missions if you are good at sneaking and like killing.

ZeroG

You completely failed at the game then, there's so much more to it than just the main quest line.

Currently playing a warrior build (1h weapon + shield) with some magic on the side for healing. Haven't even touched the main storyline yet and I'm almost lvl20.

Everlong

I've not done any of the main story as yet because I've been to side-tracked mining .... I blame a certain diggy-diggy game for my overwhelming obsession with finding ore!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there some form of 'back-stab' in the game for stealth kills? If the dagger and the bow make no noise then I wondered if you could do cheeky ninja kills from the shadows etc?

Oh and how reliable is pick-pocketing?

Will

Pick-pocketing is piss-easy. Just crouch behind your target, hit F5 and quick-reload every time you get caught. Easy levelling of pickpocketing.
I made the mistake of powerlevelling my Smithing, Pickpocketing and Speech to 100 so I get raped in combat but it makes it more fun. :-D

Everlong

Can anyone suggest a decent bow to buy/ steal/ craft in the game?

Should I collect books or just leave/sell them?

Whats the best way of farming cash?

Cheers

Evers

Amesy

The best bow I've found is an Ebony one (After blacksmithing to Legendary Status) it is more powerful than glass.
A tip to get your smithing up as quickly as possible to 100, buy all the iron ingots and leather strips you can and make nothing but iron daggers, then sell all the iron daggers back to the blacksmith. It's not a cheat or a glitch, just the cheapest and quickest way to level up your smithing (and a number of character levels on the way.) I'm now rocking around in full Dragonbone Heavy armour thanks to all this.

The best way to farm cash is to buy a house (the one in Whiterun is the cheapest at 5k) and save everything you have in the chest. Head to Riften and go into the Black-Briar Meadery. there should be a male Elf behind the counter. Talk to him and he'll tell you how good it is working for the shop owner then you can either persuade him to tell you the truth or bribe him for about 28 gold. either way doing so will increase your speech. Once he's told you the truth you can repeat the steps as many times as you like until your speech is up to 100. if you've got a follower who can teach you a skill you can also get them to train you in their speciality 5 times per character level you can then trade with them an take your gold back off them. once you've got to a certain level in your speech, you should be able to use your perks to unlock "Invest". once you've got this perk, got to the Riverwood Trader shop and invest in his business (costs 500gold)(just talk to the guy behind the counter and choose the option) once you've done this, the guy will have around 12k so you can go back and pickup all your unwanted stuff and sell everything to this guy. if he runs out of money, wait for 48 hours and his gold supply re-stocks. I hope this wasn't too much gibberish. I'd be happy to explain it all better over mumble if you'd prefer.

Everlong

Amesy, that was awesome! No gibberish at all!

Thanks for talking me through that. I'll get to it straight away! :D

Amesy

Also don't forget, if you are carrying too much and become over-encumbered, you can still hop on a horse and fast travel whilst on horseback.... it will just take a bit of time getting to a stable. :/

Amesy

Indeed, but it's even easier to make money when you can sell it all to one person, instead of having to go into everyshop. I currently own 3 houses that are fully kitted out, including the Solitude one which costs 25K plus 11K to furnish and still have 65K in my pocket. :D

Also if you get your hands on a book called the Ogmar Infinium, you can only use it once and it disappears but there is a way to use it indefinitely, but this is a little bit more like cheating and I'd recommend completing the game first then using it on an Alt character or something. Google it.

Everlong

Thanks for the advice so far guys. I'm well on my way to being able to craft dragon bone items.

Is there a quick way of switching between weapons and magic and then back again?

It is the only thing in the game that I find slightly frustrating. In a fight having to trawl through a menu to get spells equiped to heal and then having to trawl through my backpack to find my weapon again to resume fighting.

Any advice would be very welcome :D

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
if you press "f" on an item (magic or anything) it will Favorite the item, pressing "q" will open the favorites menu in game

Top Bottom