The Good, The Bad, The Casti

Castiana

Soon™
Another great event has passed, and we the staff would like to thank you all for attending BreachLAN #36!

We'd like to thank RGU Gaming for attending this event, and extend a warm welcome to AndyDawson and MinerFault?.

As normal, we welcome all feedback on our events so that we can improve and move forward. Please leave any feedback you have below!

Niko

Good:
- Great to see everyone again, looking forward to social events soon so I can see some of you before the next LAN
- RvB seemed to work better this time, it didn't seem too one-sided (not sure if Blue team felt differently though)
- 10 years of BreachLAN, amazing that it's still going strong after all this time (also cake)
- There seemed to be so much food going round that I ended up bringing most of my own home untouched
- 'Projector games' is a good idea that should definitely return
- Board/card games were fun, and a good excuse to spend some face-to-face time with people
- Lots of people stuck around to help pack up and clean up

Not so good:
- Lots of people feeling unwell and/or very tired, brought the energy down a bit
- Would have been nice to play TF2/CS:GO without RvB scoring
- Bad weather, not good for driving home
- Elevator music

coob

*looks disapprovingly*
Good:
- RvB games were mostly balanced and fun, glad we got to play awesomenauts and hope to see some of you around playing it! (Invite me if you ever need another person!).
- Eventually a good mixture of games were played for RVB.
- 10 years of BreachLAN, cake was amazing and i'm glad we got to show our gratitude to the staff for doing such an awesome job.
- Projector games is a definite MUST RETURN. I think this is the most fun i've had at LAN even with the elevator music!
- Lots of people to just hang around and chat too, this is what make an event like breachlan great.
- Beating out ZeroG on PCMark (Albeit temporarily) and getting my GPU's up to a stable overclock.
- Glad I brought my laptop in the end to assist in getting projector games off the ground, I'm going to be looking out for humble bundles for more games like towerfall etc for next time!

Not so good:
- RVB CS:GO - Disappointed we didn't get a third "balance" team like I suggested, think this really would have helped in this situation.
- Feeling dead most of LAN, couldn't drink and having to drive home every night.
- Unfortunate slow internet towards the end of LAN.
- Bad weather.
- Desk collapsing when I was packing up. (I hope shaggys stuff was 100% fine, mine is ok).
- Doctors first thing on Monday, blood drawn and sent off so I hope to be better soon!

Ugly:
- Me waking up today...

Andy Dawson

Good :
- Was great to meet everyone and was given a warm welcome by staff and regulars
- Projector games were great fun to play and watch
- RVB competition was good to get some competitiveness going - wide range of games
- Cake and pizza was tidy
- Was introduced to some new games

Not so good :
- As I'm not a big fan of many single player games, the slow internet and lack of mutual games meant I found myself waiting for the RVB games and couldn't download the games I needed to get involved all the time. (Thanks Casti for the backup and with the game buying ;) )
- Snoring xD (Thank god for the ear plugs, Chris <3)
- Maybe some smaller games of the RVB, especially the CS as it was more like a casual gamemode, make it fairer for different skill groups

Overall a good weekend, hope to be back soon. :)

Last edited:

Amesy

Huge thanks to the Staff and the friendliness of the BreachLANers for another amazing LAN. You guys make it totally worth the 1076 mile round trip to and from London.

The Good:
- 10 Years of BL. the Cake was awesome.
- Red Team rulz! (Death to Blue)
- Improvements to the hall. It was warm and dry despite the weather
- Fantastically warm welcome from the regulars.
- Projector games. So much fun.
- Bacon rolls for breakie
- Lighting. It made for an awesome atmosphere.
- I didn't see a single block in the toilets this time.
- Smoking that sweet cigar with a fine bunch of gentlemen on Sunday
- Epic pizza
- 3D printer of awesome

The Bad:
- I felt there could have been more group games that were not RvB
- Miniajt snoring
- Poor internet causing many games to stop working. throughout most of the LAN
- the Chinese on Friday night
- people putting pizza boxes in the rubbish bins when they should be recycled.
- not enough on the forums in the lead up to the event. I think there ought to be dictated threads for games that will be most likely to be played, and a kit list for newbies.

The Ugly:
-Spending about 30 mins each morning before most people were up cleaning other people's dishes and cutlery.

miniajt

thanks to all the Staff and the friendliness for my first BreachLAN.

The Good:
- worth the 1076 mile round trip (thanks amsey)
- 10 Years of BreachLAN. the Cake was gooooood :sun:
- Projector games. So much fun.
- Bacon rolls for breakfast made the morning:toot:
- Lighting. It made for an awesome atmosphere top with some good tunes
- elavator music was funny while waiting for dl
- new games played on lan

The Bad:
- no real timetable for RvB games untill that day and other co-op / community games
- sad about slow internet causing many games to stop working throught RVB:jedi:
- possible better food choices:facepalm:
- people taking notice and cleaning up after them
- no lead up to event for other game list and gear untill arrived

After 3 years of being nagged by Greg I finally came along and holy shit, I wish I did so sooner! Having been president of the RGU gaming society for the past 3 years I have always promoted you guys as much as possible but without knowing much about what actually goes on at LAN (maybe something that should be on website with some pics?) I couldn't really answer many questions, only direct people towards Greg but now I already have my ticket booked for next LAN and have my VP coming along as well :D

To follow everyone else's format:

The Good:
-10 years of breach, congrats guys on all the hard work and here's to another 10 years!
-Having projector games, board games and poker brought a little big of balance and made sure people took a bit of a break from their screens which is important (health and safety yo!) as well as being good fun :)
-I really liked the RvB comp although being on red team I may be biased
- The community of folk there was brilliant and everyone was so friendly (if at times a little to friendly - looking at you Sion!) and it's nice to see that folk stay behind to tidy up :)
- Waking up to the smell of bacon every morning - thanks Dod!
- Pizza, self explanatory :p

The Bad:
-As a newbie I had no idea what to bring and things like that, I didn't even know that people stayed over at the hall until the day before so this is something you might want to add as a sort of 'Idiots guide to LAN' thing on your site :)
-so many farts!
-the plague, soz guys, I'd have kept it to myself if I could have! :(
-I knew I was bad at games but holy crap was it confirmed to me with the RvB games!

Suggestions:
-The only real suggestions I have is like a noobie guide about what to bring, what happens like sleeping, morning rolls, pizza order, poker night and stuff like that cos if it wasn't for being friends with Gordo I'd have been absolutely clueless!

Top Bottom