tournament suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olap

well what you reckon?

I would say with ut3 out. A nice big ut3 2v2 instagib could be fun. If not enough people have 2k4?
perhaps a c&c3 tourney?

Big games:
cod4 - should be out by then
ut3 - hoverboard madness!!!
bf2 - as bf2142 is poo

and no steam games...

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I think that just about everyone has BF2 :)

Don't forget the LAN staples :

TF2
Flat Out 2
Spot of Doomsday perhaps?
Armagetron :)

Steam will be on offer as we'll have a dialup for doing the auths :)

Sakey

Well I was def thinking Flat Out 2 and UT3 is a possibility.

Along with a console type tournament (basically highest score at the end of the LAN wins).

Prizes will all be dependant on how many people go.

Nice Guy, I could try and run a CSS tourny, but I can almost 100% say we won't get enough people to run it. Sorry.

ZeroG

UT3 will be quite new and PC demanding so I think the majority might not have it. CSS should definately be out the window and over the hill. Evil evil game.

Failing a UT3 tourny UT2k4 is always fun and TF2 as well.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Not sure how everyones computers will cope with UT3. But il hopefully have it anyways.

My votes

1. UT2004 (Free 4 all / 4v4)
2. Flatout 2 (Free 4 all)
3. Team fortress 2 (4v4)

NiceGuy

Well I was def thinking Flat Out 2 and UT3 is a possibility.
Nice Guy, I could try and run a CSS tourny, but I can almost 100% say we won't get enough people to run it. Sorry.

It was THE game of the LAN last time. o_O

Please put in CSS! It's a main reason i come to BreachLAN.

Dyce

TF2 is bloody magic! A must for the LAN tbh. Anyone who hasn't play it should buy it IIMMEDIATELY off steam, as it is by far the best game I've played in ages.

It's not big, it's not cleve, but it is a brilliant FUN multiplayer :)

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
I like css but I would prefer that we play it as a game, not as a Tournie. Thats my oppinion anyway.

PseudoPhreak

Captain Hammer!!
that will probably happen, chances are there wont be a tourney as not many people like playing it like that, especially if there is people who play it all the time in opposing teams.
But yeah, there will be random games popping up that im sure everyone will jump in and entertain you

Sakey

TF2 is bloody magic! A must for the LAN tbh. Anyone who hasn't play it should buy it IIMMEDIATELY off steam, as it is by far the best game I've played in ages.

It's not big, it's not cleve, but it is a brilliant FUN multiplayer :)

But it is TERRIBLE competitively - please don't edit this again. I played it in a tournament at CLUK and it was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom