Which Games should be organised at BL6?

ZeroG

The problem with RTS games is generally the multiplayer is small groups whereas the fps multiplayer usually can accomodate everyone at the same time.

Sakey

ZeroG hit the nail on the head.

Max players for any RTS I can think of is 8

That doesn't bode well for the idea of big organised games where everyone can join in.

There actucally aren't any other genres of games other than FPS that work in that situation.

Even Flatout 2 only has 8 players max....which sucks. 32 player destruction derby would be ace :D

Moppith

Warcraft III fun mod maps! :) (KODO TAG!!)
AvP 2
Mobile forces!! :p

Oh and i challenge 1 other person to lead a team against me in a massive 16v16 (more if more come to lan) Ut2k4 CTF instagib 1 hour match!
Who dare accept my challenge?
And moreso, who dares join my cruel dictatorship regime?

ELMO

HAH! have you not suffered humiliation enough that you would consider facing us for a second CTF instagib? who would consider joining your regime, your name is a byword for failure! hahaha!

Anywho, anyone know how many players Amagetron can handle? :lol:

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
Moppith said:
AvP 2

Oh and i challenge 1 other person to lead a team against me in a massive 16v16 (more if more come to lan) Ut2k4 CTF instagib 1 hour match!

1 hour CTF instagib O_O

Surely thats a bit mad, could be thrown on the pile with instagib double dom :)

H

Han

You're never ever going to be able to get everyone to participate in all games. The best that can be done is offer numerous "games" which people can sign up to compete in and have public servers running in the background if people want to play them.

As for RTS games with max players of 8, theres nothing wrong with running several games at the same time. Even if it's just a fun game with new prizes. The winner of each game plays against the other winners of each group game. It not only allows more people to play but makes the gameplay last a little bit longer.

ZeroG

As for RTS games with max players of 8, theres nothing wrong with running several games at the same time. Even if it's just a fun game with new prizes. The winner of each game plays against the other winners of each group game. It not only allows more people to play but makes the gameplay last a little bit longer.

The problem with this is the time scale. RTS multiplayer can take hours depending on how it's played (Not much point in tank rushes). So running a tourny for RTS can take a lot more time and organisation that a standard fps.

Olap

Moppith said:
AvP 2

You know I'll take that challenge after your humiliation last time!!

me vs mop who will you choose? (ps. you can have rock monkey again)

G

gimpchimp

Command and Conquer 3.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R has an MP, which I shall give a thorough testing to see if it's worthy of LANage.
Trackmania United!
Hellgate: London, if it's out and has LAN capabilities!

Of course, my being there hinges on whether I get the finance I am looking to get from Evesham for my gaming laptop. Sod hulking my rig into Aberdeen.

ZeroG

People who buy gaming laptops should be mocked in the street. Yes indeed they should !

G

gimpchimp

Aye, the only problem will be having to uninstall Vista Home Premium to install XP SP2.

Everything that you need in one handy package. Good enough laptop to play World of Warcraft, STALKER, Hellgate: London and CnC3, that's all I will need until like, the end of the year.

G

gimpchimp

Sod the gaming laptop, they cost as much as a desktop. Just going to steal my old PC back from my Mum, heh!

ZeroG

For the price you pay for a decent gaming laptop you can get one kick ass desktop machine with bells and whistles.

MadmaN

if all goes to plan In 3 months time i should own a gaming laptop :)

have been wanting one for a looooong time now.

Top Bottom