Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakey

Thing is Dex, I was the same as you. Vista is AWFUL!!!

Windows 7 Beta however is, well, really good (so far)

Sakey

I'm not being an m$ fanboy. I hate vista. It is sluggish, uses WAY too much resources and UAC (as much as it could be disabled) was an utter pain.

I am asking as I am honestly impressed by Windows 7. I am currently using it as my main OS on my gaming box and I am getting performance that is akin to and sometimes better than XP. The features they have added are truely useful, if stolen from mac os and possibly linux, and actually make it nicer to use.

If it was a piece of shit like vista, I would be the first one standing up saying so. Microsoft may have it right this time.....

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Vista x64 chomps up everything I throw at it. I see no reason to change to Windows7 at the minute. If DX 11 only supports Windows7 il change then.

MadmaN

you cant beat mac osx :D i love it so much but can only play a small handfull of games lol .. luckly i have this thing running windows natively and can duell boot between the 2 :)

Sakey

Actually OSX has one good thing....garageband.

Other than that I generally dislike OSX. All the bits that were ok or decent, microsoft included in Windows 7 :p

ZeroG

I was more poking fun at Prism than anything else :)

If it's as good as you say I might give it a bash.

Oh and DX11 ? what's the point ? games barely use 10.

MadmaN

for starters im not saying any OS is better because they all have there advantages and disanvantages

mac osx! it never crashes , and everything just works! i would need to show you ... i can honestly say that i prefer Mac OSX as my main O/S .. but held back because lack of games on mac osx.

yes garage band does rock and other software that comes with it also..... back a few year ago i would hate macs, but now that i have used it for a few months now i freakin love it!!! backed by unix system!!!! stable as a rock lol.

Sakey

mac osx! it never crashes

I can tell you for a fact that is crap :p

My girlfriend has a macbook and it does crash, maybe not that often but forced reboots are part of mac life as well :p

Mark, if you can wait till LAN you can see it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom