Breachlan journey to i38

MadmaN

Just hold on mark..still waiting on gemini to see whats happing and if we can arrange a journey down and somewhere decent to sleep!

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
I REALLY WANT TO GO AS A PUNTER.

I really am extraordinarily tempted to go as a punter. Im going to need to look into my time off and what not to see how I can make this work out.

***EDIT***

I am leaning towards punter over staff at the minute. But I also really want to go as staff.

Il be spending the next few days seeing what I can arrange.

MadmaN

Ye because ever since you mentioned it ive been realy hyped up about it. and if we can get more numbers this time it will be an even more amazing time.

since you have been to newbury iseries you know all the ins and outs :)

MadmaN

Hey Mark what did you do when you gone to i37? did you take your whole system or just your laptop?

ZeroG

Flight time was about 1.5 hours.
Air Tram from Birmingham airport to train station about 1.5 minutes.
Train to Coventry was roughly 10 minutes.
Taxi to Stoneleigh was roughly 15 minutes.

There was a little waiting to get the train but it wasn't really all that long.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ok Guys.

I will confirm now that I am heading down as a punter to this event.

I'l be booking my ticket just at the end of the month.

Anyone else who wants to come is urged to book and pay for their ticket as soon as possable. This will ensure you get the 20% early bird discount.

I will get to work on sorting out transport for everyone who wants it as soon as I get back from work (in one week)

NiceGuy

can i please come down you with you guys again this time?? I know i cant be in the breachLAN team for the tournaments but i can have fun regardless..and still help with spreading the overall costs :D

Please can i come!!? Need to know so i can book early bird :D

MadmaN

... no camping?
i am sooo game for going.

The last time we camped at @ i36 but it was hell .... it took us about an hour to put up all the tents lol ...after all them hours of traveling nobody could be fucked lol.

on top of that it was wet and cold and there was fucking morons making noise in the campsite.

ZeroG

Unless you want to sleep inside at Newbury camping is the only way to go unless you splash out on a nearby hotel.

Camping in November should be an experience in itself.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
There is this one here.

At £30 a night between three people thats a pretty good deal. Again, il be looking into booking this once I get paid at the end of the month and just after I get back from Stratlan. Need to see how the money works out.

All I'l say about that place is that it is exactly what you would expect from a travel lodge. Clean rooms all of exactly the same standard and layout as every other travel lodge room in the country.

However, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that you can walk to it.

Although you may look at the distance and think it is ok, take my word on this.

It involves crossing a motorway, and at least a three mile walk alongside an unlit dual carridgeway with no padestrian footpath. Trying to walk there and back every night would be suicide.

This means that anyone choosing to stay there will need to take a taxi. Not too expensive if we all chip in together every journey.

There is part of me though that is tempted to camp. Again, il need to see how the money works out after I get back from Stratlan.

Again though I would like to re-itterate how dangerous the road between the racecourse and that hotel is. Please, nobody even consider walking the road. If you want to stay in this particular hotel then thats fine. But please do take the cost of taxis into consideration (Shouldnt be more than a tenner each way)

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
***UPDATE***

I will be buying my ticket for the event this coming friday and posting proof immediately after.

Anyone who wants to go and is able to drive is urged to book their ticket as soon as possable and then post saying so. It should mean that we get the transport plans in place as soon as possable and hopefully give a thumbs up to Niceguy for transport.

Ta

Top Bottom