With the LAN Drawing near...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amesy

Dude.... I only have friday off, but if you can arrive before 7am or around 4pm ish then access will not be a problem:) I woulda had weds & thurs off and I may still have them off if the training course does not go ahead - of which i'm really only sitting in on it to make up the numbers!
LOL. You said Tuesday was no problem. LOL I guess I'll have to have a kip in the car outside your house til you get home then. :D

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
LOL. You said Tuesday was no problem. LOL I guess I'll have to have a kip in the car outside your house til you get home then. :D

I don't think I did, but nonetheless you can always get the keys from me at my work, cause that's on the way to mine. But do let me know what's going on and your timings etc else you will be sleeping in your car :p

SocksFoHands

At the risk of being set on fire and beaten with sticks, what are the odds of people getting a little MW2 in?

I notice our games list is a little spartan so far.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
There will be other filler games if you guys wanna play them, I'd suggest getting BF2 installed. There are many modes of play in UT2004 plus some interesting mods that could do with a play aswell!

Do not worry, patches for BF2 will be available at the event. Internet will be available but that will be for getting your steam going. :)

Sinner

pleaseeee no air bucaneers or however its spelt, it was dire....and the call of duty addict yellllllssssss "promodddddddd" xD worth a shot :p

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
CoD4 is IN as a BIG GAME. It was close in the votes so we decided to stick it on the schedule anyways.

MW2 is out because it requires an internet connection to play. It would be like 12 of us playing the game on one 3G modem. To put it simply, its not happening.

Finally, I would like to suggest everybody has Serious Sam HD, Bioshock 2, Bad Company 2 Beta, Team Fortress 2, World In Conflict and Flatout 2 all installed. If you need access to the Bad Company 2 beta you can either pre-purchase on Steam or you can try your luck at getting a beta key from Fileplay.

Bloodnok

Bad Company 2 Beta needs the net to play and Bioshock 2 uses GFWL with no LAN play so it also needs the net aswell so I would count those 2 out...

SocksFoHands

With the gaming industry being so anti LAN these days I think breach is going to have to find a place with an internet connection. Damn Nazis.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
With the gaming industry being so anti LAN these days I think breach is going to have to find a place with an internet connection. Damn Nazis.

All of these new games are ports for console tards.... I've yet to find games with better gameplay than Battlefield 2, TF2 or UT2004 with it's plethora of mods and it still has a very active community :)

MadmaN

the more they keeping bringing out the games like this the more its hurting the lan :(

Yup straight port from console to pc is soooo freekin gay :S

sof 1 + 2 - server n all = awsome
sof payback -port from console = gay

SocksFoHands

All of these new games are ports for console tards.... I've yet to find games with better gameplay than Battlefield 2, TF2 or UT2004 with it's plethora of mods and it still has a very active community :)

I don't even know if it's that, they just have a relentless and pointless war on pirates which only ever hurts the paying customer. Look at bioshock 2, despite the Spanish inquisition I had to go though to get mine activated it's still on pirate bay being downloaded by thousands of people as we speak.

And the perfect example is spore, I have a perfectly legal copy which put a bunch of DRM crap on my computer that is closer in nature to malware than anything else. Still one of the most pirated games ever (mostly because people wanted a DRM free version).

And now devs are trying to kill off the LAN scene in their futile attempts to tackle piracy. Starcraft 2 not having a LAN mode says it all.

Who suffers for this? Sure as hell not the pirates. :mad:

/rant

Bloodnok

The 1st Bad Company was console only with a better chance of getting weapon unlocks and only the walls could get blown up plus single player campaign (with a gold Hind D).

The 2nd one has DX 11, a BF2 feel to it* and the whole f#@%ing house can come down with guys in it to add to the kill count. However since its a beta, there isn't really a server for lans as of yet so its morely to be a BL14 game...

*some might think i over stated that comment but I stand by it.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
There will always be lan games, don't fret guys.

I wont be buying the new AVP if they axe dedicated servers, simply because i had to experience the MW2 style peer hosted servers and well, it's crud. Glad I didn't buy MW2 either, so what if the single player is good, the campaign will not last long enough to make it worth while.

Steam is good DRM :)

Anyhow back on topic, it's nearly LAN time guys!

Bloodnok

one more sleep :p

back to BC2, I have got a free Beta Key From nVidia (cause of my barmy sli pc...)

1st to ask, gets it via pm (requires EA account)

MadmaN

i got a question .. how do you guys run your left 4 dead 2 servers? .. becuase when i switch my client into offline mode and try and run a server i get an error messege :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom