Breachlan trip to i40

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
As it stands we have one free space in our roster and one free space in our cars :D

BlitzThose

couple of questions before i book it, which game area will you guys be sitting in so i can book accordingly, also whats early arrival service and will i require it?

Castiana

Soon™
Were sitting in the "CSS" area.

But the place were sitting, the 2 free seats have been taking by some MMO people...

EAS = Extra night of Laning. You get in around 6pm on the Thursday instead of 9am on the friday. You want it.

ZeroG

Yeah just had a look and the 2 free seats on that row have now been taken leaving nowhere for Blitz to sit. I'm currently seated at the window there so if you do book Blitz you can make a seating request and I can move from there back into G1 and let you sit there with the rest of the guys.

MadmaN

so pissed i cant make this... dont even know if i can the next breach :( ... hopefully make the next iseries event :)

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
To be honest it wont be the same unless we are all in a row of five. And with the seating plan as cramped as it is at the minute I don't think that something we can do ourselves.

With that in mind, if you guys would make me the seat manager I can see what I can do to get us five good seats in the marquee, or at least somewhere cool.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Ok guys. This is an information update for you to help you make your plans for i40. Mainly so you can ensure your finances are sound and you don’t have any unexpected bills to pay at the last minute.

For the journey and for our hotels, we are split into two groups.

Gemini (Greg) [Driver – Mondeo]
BlitzThose (Malcolm)
Niceguy (Dave)

DeepBlue (Dex) [Driver – XC70]
Bloodnok (Dave)
ScottishFox (Scott)

Part 1 – Journey

For the journey, please contact your driver as soon as possible and arrange with them how you plan to meet up.

Both cars will rende-vous with each other at 0700 at the Morrisons Car Park in Dundee. Allowing 50 – 60 minutes to get to Dundee, your driver should be leaving Aberdeen NO LATER than 0600.

For my car, I will be asking for £60 donation to fuel fund which I’l keep in a separate wallet and we can split whats left when we get home.

Dex may choose to do something different. Scott and Dave are encouraged to contact Dex personally to find out what he wants and what he thinks a fair fuel donation would be.

Part 2 – Hotel for i40

Niceguy I am assuming that you do not want to stay in the event hotel and will be camping with your clan. If this is not correct let me know so I can adjust this information. You will need to read about Stratford Upon Avon Hotels though.

We have two rooms booked at the Newbury Chievely Travel Lodge.

As it stands at the minute, Dex, Scott and Dave will be sharing one room with the price being £54 each for the entire event.

Myself and Malcolm will be sharing a room at £67 each.

Part 3 – Departure from LAN and Hotel for Stratford Upon Avon.

I have spoken to you all individually about this and everyone has said they have the time off available to go for a Stratford Airport Breakfast on the return journey. With this in mind, we don’t have to start packing down our computers until 4pm when MPUK volunteers start dismantling the LAN.
After departure we will be travelling 100 miles up the motorway where we will be stopping and staying overnight in Stratford Upon Avon.

The hotels booked here are different.

I booked one hotel room for three people. Dexy booked one room each.

This means that myself, Malcolm and Nice-Dave will pay £7 for the night. Dex, Blood-Dave and Scott will pay £25 for their rooms for the night.

Hopefully now you should have a clear idea of what money you are due your drivers. If you have any questions then please contact me as soon as possible so we can sort it out.

Post about food/drink options and prices will follow shortly.

gemini

The Crude One
Staff member
Food and Drink

Not surprisingly, this can be quite expensive. But there are loads of ways of keeping the cost down.

Immediately after arriving at Newbury we will head to the supermarket. Where we can stock up on whatever we want.

Multiplay provides a microwave and infinite hot water supplies for you to make your own tea / coffee / ready meals. They also provide free plastic cutlery for you.

However, there is NO chilled storage space and the temperature in the car and the LAN is likely to be very high. Keep this in mind when planning what to buy.

Newbury Racecourse

There are a few options available.

The first is the NRC Caterers, operated by Sodexho. I generally find them pretty good. They tend to serve hot, well cooked and fairly tasty and satisfying meals. At i39 they introduced a “Deliver to your desk” web based ordering system which proved highly successful. I personally ordered pretty much all my meals at i39 from this lot and plan to do the same thing again at i40. The actual restaurant is in the Berkshire stand on the first floor (where we are sat) so its never that far away. Although all options are available to be delivered.

Breakfast

Cooked Breakfast - £4.90 - Includes Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Hash Brown, Beans, Tea/Coffee.

Bacon / Sausage roll - £3 – Includes Tea / Coffee.

Lunch / Dinner

They tend to have three or four meals which are available every day with one special every day. The meals all consisted of something like fish, roast pork, lasagne, Sheppard’s pie, chicken curry, all served with vegetables and either potatoes or chips.

These were £5.90 including a soft drink or £8.90 including a pint of beer / lager. All delivered to your desk.

The food is of perfectly acceptable quality and is always a satisfying meal.

Fast Food Delivery – Pizza

Papa Johns are on site until very late in the evening. You order pizza from them and it gets delivered to your desk. You can pay with cash or credit card and their full menu is available for ordering. The regular menu prices apply.

Fast Food Journey – KFC/McDonalds/ Burger King

All are a short drive away from the venue.

Supermarkets

Tesco is about five minutes drive from the venue. This is a 24/7 Store and will be open for the entire duration of i40.

Newbury Racecourse Fish and Chip Shop.

These guys are pretty awesome. Although they have quite a restricted menu, they have a great balance between quality of food, price and portion size. They are not 24/7 but are open most evenings until around 9pm. Definitely good value and a wise choice. Cash payments only.

Burger Wagon

This wagon is rented in by Newbury Racecourse for i-series LANs. It is absolute extortion and serves diabolical food. (£4 for a single burger, and its nasty)

The only advantage is that it is open until 3am every night and there is never a queue for it. Best avoided. Cash payments only.

Newbury City Centre

Newbury city centre is just a few minutes drive away from the racecourse. As you would expect, there is a full range of restaurants available for you to choose from. It is a bit more challenging to get here though so its probably only wise that we go into town once.

Alcohol

Newbury Racecourse is a licensed venue. This means that you are NOT allowed to take your own alcohol into the venue. Security will confiscate it if you try.

The bar on site however, (thankfully) not too badly priced. Expect Southern England prices but nothing like event prices.

The prices are roughly as follows

Pint Cider/Beer/Ale - £2.50 - £3.20
25ml Spirit - £2.70
Bottled Beer – Can’t remember
Cans - £0.70

Multiplay OMM NOM NOM shop

Multiplay also run a snack store which is very well priced and open 24hrs a day.

Rough guide to prices is as follows.

Can of Jolt - £3
Case of Jolt - £30
Can of Monster / Relentless - £1.50
Bottled Water - £1
Lucozade Sport - £1.20
Other canned soft drinks - £0.60
Chocolate Bars £0.50
Tin of biscuits - £1.50
Pot noodles - £1
Tea/Coffee - £0.50 (nothing to stop you taking your own cup and your own teabags)

The choice on offer tends to vary quite a lot between events so this might not be entirely accurate.

Deep Blue

The BOFH
Staff member
I think £60 in the pot for coming in the Swedish Passion Wagon would be a good start. On the cruise it's pretty good on fuel, of course if Greg wants to go faster he can subsidise the volvo :D

Good info on the lan too, thanks!

Bloodnok

Guys, I may not be going as my foot is still fecked... I'll post again after seeing the GP has to say...

Top Bottom